Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: DonH's Nepenthes Pic Thread

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great plants, always a sucker for toothies (curse the fact that I have none!). I'm also really liking that lingulata. I have some seedlings growing right now, though they're not very big some are already getting that dark color, and the very even, tubular pitchers.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdub804 View Post
    I loves me sum teef lol they look great!!! How big/old is your villosa?
    It's a BE clone that I've had for 1 1/2 years. It's a slow but steady grower and currently a little over 2".

Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    looking good buddy! as usual..
    Thanks, Travis!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrew View Post
    Wow! Everything looks phenomenal.
    Thanks, Sundrew!

Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    Healthy and clean, as always.

The larger your plant becomes, the more I think that particular Wistuba clone of edwardsiana has slightly atypical coloration for the species. Looking around, you don't see too many photos of dark plants. Also, I was thinking the clone I just received doesn't look quite like the other one did when it arrived. I'd like to see if it's actually one of his other, slower clones.

I've been told that only some lingulata exhibit the lid appendage at a small size, but most do not. When it gets a bit larger it should become more apparent. A pitcher on mine just opened behind some pots, so I need to get in there today to have a look at it. I'll report any appendages that I may find.

Anyway, I'm smitten, Don. What more can I say?
    Thanks, Mat. The new clone came with a tag that had a "1" at the bottom which is the same as the tag from the original clone. I'm not sure if Andreas tracks his clones by the number on the tags. It might mean I have 2 of the same clone (which I don't mind).

I'm curious to see how large the pitchers need to be before the lingulata starts to show the appendage.

Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    Great plants, always a sucker for toothies (curse the fact that I have none!). I'm also really liking that lingulata. I have some seedlings growing right now, though they're not very big some are already getting that dark color, and the very even, tubular pitchers.
    I love the toothies also. I'll post some updates of the hamatas and xTrusmadiensis later this week. I really like how the xTM clone 2 is turning out.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonH View Post
    Thanks, Mat. The new clone came with a tag that had a "1" at the bottom which is the same as the tag from the original clone. I'm not sure if Andreas tracks his clones by the number on the tags. It might mean I have 2 of the same clone (which I don't mind).
    The "1" just means you received one of that particular plant in the order. I only know because I ordered duplicates in this past order and there was a "2."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some updates...

My first upper N. dubia Talamau from AW:

Comparison of 2 N. edwardsiana pitchers at the same stage of development:

AW clone

SG from Botanique

AW closeup

Little AW clone acclimating well and showing growth

N. lamii also acclimating well with new leaf
    Before:

Now:

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, nice. Your freezer seems to be doing the trick as usual.

I managed to lose a lamii last week while I was on vacation. Not too often that seed-grown plants of that species appear...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats on the upper!!!, and on keeping the Lamii alive despite the odds.
    Experience is a great teacher, but she sure does cost a lot!!! --Butch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    Nice, nice. Your freezer seems to be doing the trick as usual.

I managed to lose a lamii last week while I was on vacation. Not too often that seed-grown plants of that species appear...
    Ouch! I need to know your sources for all those rare seedgrown plants. LOL

The freezer has been great and I don't recall ever losing a plant in that setup. Space is becoming an issue though.

I posted pics of the developing edwardsiana pitchers to compare the 2 plants. Even when small, the AW clone starts off with a more reddish color than the SG plant. The pitchers on the SG still maintains the deep orangish color. Both plants are grown side by side so conditions should be almost identical. How are yours developing?

Quote Originally Posted by vdub804 View Post
    congrats on the upper!!!, and on keeping the Lamii alive despite the odds.
    Thanks! I have the lamii right up against the freezer wall to keep it on the cooler side. I'm not sure if there are microclimates in such a small growing space but the plant looks like it's doing well. I was concerned when I got it from Wistuba almost 2 months ago that it wasn't going to make it ("before" pic was taken shortly after opening the box).

CP4 - If you're reading this, sorry to hear that you lost your eddie. I took pics last night intending to give an update to my thread not realizing until this morning that you had lost yours. Another opportunity will come along...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome pics! That AW eddie is looking fierce. BTW, I have found that it is quite cold close to the water level in my chest freezer, it seems that the water stays just above freezing 24/7. For plants that I want to keep very cold I just put them in smaller pots in a corner so they are lower and in between two corners.

BTW: what temperatures are you giving them?
    Last edited by Heli; 08-27-2013 at 07:23 PM.