Likes Likes:  0
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: DonH's Nepenthes Pic Thread

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't noticed too many differences between the two, yet. The Summer has been hot this year and temperatures seldom drop below 63F (or instead reach 90F, as is what happened while I was on vacation), so there has been a slow-down over the last month. Otherwise, I've noticed the foliage on the Wistuba clone is slightly darker, and the pitcher coloration that you mentioned seems to hold true.

I'd like to know which is a faster grower, but I think the media Rob had them in was so "perlitey" (aka ), that the rapid growth of the seed-grown plant is a bit of an exaggeration (it's nearly 5'' now).

When the temperatures start to drop in their favor a bit, I'll be sure to make a few notes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aw man mato I still have my Eddie in the mix Rob gave it I thought about changing it but didn't want to put unnecessary stress on it but will be changing it soon it's a little over 9" now, the aw eddie has been growing pretty fast too like a leaf/pitcher per weak. I've been growing them 75/day 65/nite RH 65%
    Experience is a great teacher, but she sure does cost a lot!!! --Butch

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, 9''? How large was seed-grown plant when you purchased it from Rob? A leaf and pitcher per week is extremely fast. You're definitely doing something well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was already around 8" when I got it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli View Post
    Awesome pics! That AW eddie is looking fierce. BTW, I have found that it is quite cold close to the water level in my chest freezer, it seems that the water stays just above freezing 24/7. For plants that I want to keep very cold I just put them in smaller pots in a corner so they are lower and in between two corners.

BTW: what temperatures are you giving them?
    Temps are 70-72 day and 50-52 night. What is the humidity of your freezer? I might eliminate my humidifier if it can be maintained at 70% with water at the bottom. I hate filling up the humidifier even if it's just once every few days.

vdub: That's incredible growth you're getting! My parameters are not far from yours and I'm getting about a leaf/pitcher per month. OK... Spill it! What are you putting in the water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The osmocote wreaks havoc on the sphagnum but it makes the neps grow like weeds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonH View Post
    Temps are 70-72 day and 50-52 night. What is the humidity of your freezer? I might eliminate my humidifier if it can be maintained at 70% with water at the bottom. I hate filling up the humidifier even if it's just once every few days.

vdub: That's incredible growth you're getting! My parameters are not far from yours and I'm getting about a leaf/pitcher per month. OK... Spill it! What are you putting in the water.
    I have a humidifier but I refill it every one to two weeks. The water at the bottom really helps because it not only keeps up the humidity but also makes the temp drop at night slower which is more natural. It takes 2 hours to go from 75-77 to 55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have been in maintenance mode lately with no new purchases. Here are some updates:

N. xTrusmadiensis BE clone 2

N. leonardoi

N. hamata

N. klossii

N. macrophylla BE clone

N. villosa

N. villosa AW

N. edwardsiana SG