Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: DonH's Nepenthes Pic Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    t5 and my grow room is 4x4x6' 9 are 54 watt 1 is 24 watt the whole setup is about 524 watts for lighting right now i have them on half power but when the plant comes ill have the light on full and the humidity will be to what you said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, that's overkill. You are going to have a tough time keeping temps down with all those T5s running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my plants love it my dubia is growing like a weed in there but thats why im getting ac for it which will run 24/7
    i was going to keep the eddy a few feet away from the lights which is where my other plants are the heat is not as bad as you might think it never goes over about 72 but the humidity is low until i get a proper humidifier later this week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think the humidity is low now, wait until you run the AC 24/7. I think you can put together a more energy efficient system. You don't need that many lights for a 4x4 footprint. If your lights have good individual reflectors, I don't think you will need more than 6, maybe 8 max. You can always lower the lights to 24" instead of "a few feet" if the plants want more intense light. My edwardsiana's leaves were mostly deep red when it was 16" from the lights. It seems happier now that I've dropped it to 24" with green leaves and red borders. I also suggest investing in a good day/night thermostat for the AC. You do not need to run it 24/7. Is this grow space in an enclosed tent or part of a larger room?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another shower space Don, next to the loofas........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the grow chamber is a big enclosed ten with reflective sides( i have an 8 bulb light but i also have 2 seperate bulbs so those i can turn off so then it would be 8 or i can turn off 4 more lights to be 6 if i turn those on( now i have 6 on) but i will turn 8 on eventually) i was actually going to grow the plant in a 10 or 20 gallon terrarium with two t5 until i relized my grow chamber would work better once i have my ac running ill have 2 humidifiers one large room adn one whole house set at one 90% and one 75% or what i find better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an update on the developing edwardsiana pitcher. It is coloring up nicely. I need to take it out of the grow chamber to take a better pic. I'll do that with a size reference when it fully colors up.

N. deaniana

Even though it pitchers normally, the growth habit seems odd with the twisting leaves.

Here's a big disappointment. I was waiting for this lowii x truncata to open its first pitcher for me and it was developing a nice, deep red pitcher until the rim of the pot caught the peristome and deformed it.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome developments, Don. Sometimes pitcher deformities can be quite interesting, so I wouldn't say it's a disappointment.

Going to have to add deaniana to my Spring order.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast