What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DonH's Nepenthes Pic Thread

I received my xTrusmadiensis BE clone 2 today. Here's how it compares to my AW clone. :lol:
image_zpsca3296a5.jpg

I just noticed that the AW clone also has 2 growths!
image_zps716a112e.jpg

Dude that plant is massive, can't wait to see it pitcher.

Your shower is getting crowded....:-D

Dude that plant is massive, can't wait to see it pitcher.
The plant was obviously well grown by the previous owner but odd that such a large plant has not pitchered. I can't wait to see it pitcher too.

Your shower is getting crowded....:-D
:0o: Oh no you didn't... :slap: Come on! Who doesn't convert their shower to a grow room, right?:-O

Last edited:
ME!!!! There are few indulgences that I can do without, long hot showers is one of them. But perhaps, the plants would not mind a spray.............

remember your plants dont like hard water

Wow! you're the first person I see who grows AW and BE clones, the size difference is astonishing, but the prices too, I wish I could get one, but I'm poor, I could buy AW's, but I'd rather get something bigger with those 60 euro.

Wow! you're the first person I see who grows AW and BE clones, the size difference is astonishing, but the prices too, I wish I could get one, but I'm poor, I could buy AW's, but I'd rather get something bigger with those 60 euro.
I agree the AW clone is expensive for the size plant you get but you also don't see it around as often as the BE clones. It's going to be a LOOONG time before the AW clone gets to the size of the BE one. I did get a very good deal on the BE clone 2 though. :grin:

N. tenuis
image_zps9b05f1ad.jpg

image_zpsea2f9ecb.jpg

image_zpse5f635c5.jpg

Donh i was wondering what conditions do you grow your eddy in also what soil mix and what size pot .... i was able to get my hands on one so i have to figure this stuff out before it ships

Last edited:
I grow my edwardsiana in highland/ultrahighland conditions.

Temp: day 70-72F; night 50-52F
Humidity: 75-80% day; >99% night
Light: ~24" below 4 - 54W 64000K T5
Photoperiod: 16 hours on
Currently in 3" net pot (will repot soon) in peat/perlite/fine orchid bark
Fertilize monthly alternating between 1/4 strength Maxsea and 1/2 strength coffee; thorough flush with RO water weekly.

These conditions work for me. I have read that others keep theirs in intermediate conditions.

my grow chamber is 10 lights so could i keep the plant further from them?

Depends on how big your grow space is and what type of lights and wattage you're using - T5, T8, T12, LED, CFL?

t5 and my grow room is 4x4x6' 9 are 54 watt 1 is 24 watt the whole setup is about 524 watts for lighting right now i have them on half power but when the plant comes ill have the light on full and the humidity will be to what you said

In my opinion, that's overkill. You are going to have a tough time keeping temps down with all those T5s running.

my plants love it my dubia is growing like a weed in there but thats why im getting ac for it which will run 24/7
i was going to keep the eddy a few feet away from the lights which is where my other plants are the heat is not as bad as you might think it never goes over about 72 but the humidity is low until i get a proper humidifier later this week

If you think the humidity is low now, wait until you run the AC 24/7. I think you can put together a more energy efficient system. You don't need that many lights for a 4x4 footprint. If your lights have good individual reflectors, I don't think you will need more than 6, maybe 8 max. You can always lower the lights to 24" instead of "a few feet" if the plants want more intense light. My edwardsiana's leaves were mostly deep red when it was 16" from the lights. It seems happier now that I've dropped it to 24" with green leaves and red borders. I also suggest investing in a good day/night thermostat for the AC. You do not need to run it 24/7. Is this grow space in an enclosed tent or part of a larger room?

Another shower space Don, next to the loofas........

the grow chamber is a big enclosed ten with reflective sides( i have an 8 bulb light but i also have 2 seperate bulbs so those i can turn off so then it would be 8 or i can turn off 4 more lights to be 6 if i turn those on( now i have 6 on) but i will turn 8 on eventually) i was actually going to grow the plant in a 10 or 20 gallon terrarium with two t5 until i relized my grow chamber would work better once i have my ac running ill have 2 humidifiers one large room adn one whole house set at one 90% and one 75% or what i find better.

Here's an update on the developing edwardsiana pitcher. It is coloring up nicely. I need to take it out of the grow chamber to take a better pic. I'll do that with a size reference when it fully colors up.

image_zps5797bfe3.jpg

N. deaniana
image_zpsbcc4e68f.jpg

image_zpsc7094469.jpg

image_zps35791380.jpg

Even though it pitchers normally, the growth habit seems odd with the twisting leaves.

Here's a big disappointment. I was waiting for this lowii x truncata to open its first pitcher for me and it was developing a nice, deep red pitcher until the rim of the pot caught the peristome and deformed it. :censor:
image_zps95dfe3ad.jpg

Awesome developments, Don. Sometimes pitcher deformities can be quite interesting, so I wouldn't say it's a disappointment.

Going to have to add deaniana to my Spring order.

Back