What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DonH's Nepenthes Pic Thread

looking good, Donny!

I received a tracking number from him this morning, with Wednesday as a guaranteed delivery date. You are receiving the plant via Express Mail, right? Curious to see how the growth rate compares to the AW clone.
I just checked the tracking # and it is guaranteed delivery for tomorrow. He said Thursday or Friday in his email but, for the price we paid for shipping, it should be Express Mail. Tomorrow it is!

I'll be growing mine right next to the AW clone with exactly the same potting mix. We can compare growth rates when they settle in.

no tracking number for poor me up in mass :p haha cant wait to see both of your plants after unpacking!
We've waited this long... What's another couple of weeks? Lol

looking good, Donny!
Thanks, Pablo!

quick question how do you have your humidifier set up so it does not melt. supposedly they sense when the water is low but mine sure didn't.

You got yourself some nice plants.

quick question how do you have your humidifier set up so it does not melt. supposedly they sense when the water is low but mine sure didn't.
Filling up the humidifier has become part of the routine so it rarely runs empty. If you have the same humidifier, mine shuts off when the water is low and the green light turns red. I never had one melt due to running out of water.

You got yourself some nice plants.
Thanks, Dexenthes.

yes I have the same humidifier as you, but while I was at school it ran out of water but did not shut off like normal and it melted

Love the trunc x ovata. Can't wait to get mine out into the sunshine and get some size to it.
Also can't wait for my BE macro to make the jump in leaf size like that.

Thanks, JB and Travis.

Bicalc: If you still have the receipt, you may be able to exchange it for a new one since that is not supposed to happen.

Here's what came in today:

N. edwardsiana SG. Purchased a 2" plant and ended up with a 2.5"er. I was surprised by the size of the pitcher relative to the plant. Now I have a dark clone (AW) and a light one. :boogie:

image_zps4675095f.jpg

image_zpscc654624.jpg

image_zpsba89b651.jpg

image_zps885b9fdd.jpg

N. burbidgeae Red leaves with red pitcher. The pitcher was a little crushed from shipping.
image_zps9bba8224.jpg

image_zpsa63da47e.jpg

N. rafflesiana Agristarts clone
image_zps00c53977.jpg

image_zps4fca205d.jpg

wow nice! you got a great clone.

looks good!

RAFFLESIANAAAAAA!!! lol nice eddie I guess :p

drew!!!

Great plants! have you made plans for the near future - you know - when they no longer fit in the freezer? :scratch:

N. edwardsiana SG. Purchased a 2" plant and ended up with a 2.5"er. I was surprised by the size of the pitcher relative to the plant. Now I have a dark clone (AW) and a light one. :boogie:
I'll be very curious to see if the plants stay different or converge with their color.

The pots look like the ones he shipped iirc. I'd recommend losing them & the media soon. My burb, fusca & veitchii all exploded with growth when repotted.

Great plants! have you made plans for the near future - you know - when they no longer fit in the freezer? :scratch:

I'll be very curious to see if the plants stay different or converge with their color.

The pots look like the ones he shipped iirc. I'd recommend losing them & the media soon. My burb, fusca & veitchii all exploded with growth when repotted.
What media did the three you mentioned have? So far my eddie has been doing well in the media I gave it, it seems to be a typical lfs/perlite/woodchips/peat mix.

that eddie looks great!!!! hope my 2 incher comes a bit oversized as well :D what a nice looking pitcher too

Thanks, guys!

The near future is now! :blush: I don't think I can squeeze any more pots in there and I have an AW order full of highlanders coming in May. I have a greenhouse in my backyard but it's going to take a lot of work to make it match the conditions of the freezer. I'll have to move stuff around until I can work on the greenhouse in the Fall. It's too risky during the Summer.

I repotted the new eddie in the same mix (coco coir, perlite, fine fir bark and sand) as the old one.
image_zps14f2669f.jpg

They will be grown right next to each other to compare growth rate and how the color will develop on the new one.

Boyfriend and girlfriend (hopefully)...
image_zps552cc902.jpg

that side by side shot is wonderful :hail:

Back