What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DonH's Nepenthes Pic Thread

Wonderful as usual!

I think you'll be receiving a lot of cultivation questions if that lamii keeps growing!
Hey Mat! I hope it continues to grow. I've had it since July and it's starting to put out its third leaf. Pretty slow...

I have not done anything special as far as care. I'm using 100% live sphagnum moss and placed it next to the villosa in my highland chamber. I spend more time trimming down the moss than anything else so it doesn't smother the little plant.

Wonderful as usual!

Thanks, Christian!

Cute lamii.

Thanks, pmatil. There aren't that many pics of lamii in cultivation. I'll share more pics as it develops (if I don't kill it first). :D

Some more random shots of what's going on in the cold chamber

N. aristolochioides

N. leonardoi

2 different AW clones of N. macrophylla

BE villosa getting slowly bigger

N. klossii BE

Great plants, Don!

Thanks Pablo and Jasper!

Pablo - How's your klossii doing? Mine looks to be picking up speed.

It's doing fine. pretty steady grower
null_zpsb271d990.jpg

It's now about seven inches across not including tendrils or pitchers.

Last edited:
Wow! That's a good size pitcher and the leaves are really red on yours. Must be getting a lot of light...

donH: once again, your plants are stunning !!

How old is your villosa?

donH: once again, your plants are stunning !!
Thanks!

How old is your villosa?
I've had the plant for almost 2 years (got it from Tony in Feb 2012 @ 1.5"). Judging from the growth rate of my AW clone, I'm guessing it's around 5 years old. SLOOOOOOWWWW!!!

Too much light? I moved the N. klossii closer to the lights and it went from:

This:

To:

N. klossii pitcher

More pics...

N. dubia Malea

Change in color of developing edwardsiana pitcher

(Sorry it's blurry)

N. xTM BE clone 2

Looks like the perfect amount of light to me! I'm sure it wouldn't be so red if it weren't in a fridge, so you at least know that it's utilizing all that it needs.

Your children are going to need braces real soon :-))

Very nice!

My Klossii is the same color and it's in typical highland temps. which eddie is that, Don?

Looks like the perfect amount of light to me! I'm sure it wouldn't be so red if it weren't in a fridge, so you at least know that it's utilizing all that it needs.
It's been picking up speed since I moved it closer to the lights. You can literally see it growing by the day. The new leaf is significantly larger than the previous so I'm curious to see how the following leaf will be.

Your children are going to need braces real soon :-))
My toothies are all growing up and ready to leave their comfortable General Electric home. :cry:

Very nice!
Thanks, Luca.

My Klossii is the same color and it's in typical highland temps. which eddie is that, Don?
It's an AW clone. The SG is a bit more orangey.

Holy! that klossii is superb!

My Wistuba order came in today. Woohoo!!!!!

N. pitopangii

N. pitopangii x 2 :-D

Back