What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Nepenthes Questions!

Plant Planter

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever
Yes, indeed, I am Plant Planter, and I have decided to order a lovely Nepenthes fusca.

mlKF0VUKv-joJvwIaHlxg5g.jpg

$T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSHSDBRRo)6KtLQ~~60_35.JPG

Seeing how these plants are tropical and how I only have experience taking care of temperate plants, I have some questions that I would greatly appreciate answers to. (Whoopee, more questions. :p)

I have a terrrarium for it ready. What relative humidity does it need? The site said about 60%.
HOW MUCH LIGHT DOES IT NEED? The site stated it needs partial shade. (Understandable.)
Is Nepenthes fusca a highland or lowland species?
I don't want it to overtake me too fast. How quickly does it grow?
This one is an opinion question. Which type of Nepenthes (highland or lowland) do you think is easier to take care of in an Ohio environment?

For all you Nepenthes lovers, this should be a walk in the park! Thank you all for all the help you already have provided me! :D

next time, it would be much wiser to research a plant's requirements first before purchasing. will save you a ton of money and grief. that being said....
humidity: 60% will do.
light: moderate to bright lighting.
HL or LL: neither, it is an intermediate. can grow in a range of 65-95F
intermediates grow at a moderate pace. based on your size, you can expect it to vine within 2-3 years.
i've never lived in Ohio, so i cannot give you an opinion of what's best for you to grow.

next time, it would be much wiser to research a plant's requirements first before purchasing. will save you a ton of money and grief.

Yeah, that was a bit of bad planning on my part. It's a good thing I'll probably have about a week to catch up while it's being shipped.

I read on Professor Barry Rice's website that Nepenthes plants do very well in sealed terraria. If so, that's great for me!

Last edited:
Back