What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.spectabilis pollen available!

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
Hey peeps, I have flowers starting to open on my male N.spectabilis "North sumatra" and am looking for those with female neps to do a 50/50 seed split. First priority goes to female spectabilis, but other than that, my preference is to make primary hybrids with other species. I will consider hybrids is nothing else comes up. PM me if you have anything, thanks.

The actual plant in flower

I wish I knew the sex of my spect and it was in flower!

I wish I knew the sex of my spect and it was in flower!

Based on the pics you've posted, it appears you have the North sumatra clone as well, and it's a single clone that is male.

Good things happen when spectabilis is in bloom.

I have a female N. ventricosa in bloom, but that's all I gots :-(

I have a female N. ventricosa in bloom, but that's all I gots :-(

What form of ventricosa? I maybe be interested, someone else has one in bloom too and I may send pollen to him as well.

Also, Mason, that hybrid almost looks like it could be smilesii x maxima or something, which is ironic, because I just made this cross, and the seedlings grow faster than any nep I have ever seen. I might send ya some pollen it I have enough to go around.

Exo. Idk the origin of my plant. Was in major distress when I got it. Hand written tag. Maybe I can do some research. But no worries if it is male. I'm sure I'll have plenty of females. I know I have a flava female. And a few others confirmed females.

What form of ventricosa? I maybe be interested...

Its a seed-grown plant from Leilani; very vigorous and a nice medium red/pink with a dark red peristome. (I can't find a photo of a full pitcher, but you get the idea) However, I am going to withdraw my offer to be your "surrogate mother" as I just found pollen of my monster "Tiveyi" in the fridge that I'm going to use. Sorry. Good luck, I hope you find a suitable female.

I think crossing it with Mason's will have some interesting results.

Back