Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thermoelectric Cooler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's the bad part. Hopefully I'll be rich and have a greenhouse by then. I know it's just a temporary solution to a long term space problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no where near rich and working on must second GH. My first is an 8x8 I built myself for a few hundred bucks. I'm sure I have less than 1000 in my current GH. My new one I'm building has a little more invested but it is also nicer. Hence the reason its still not finished. Finances are getting in the way. But seriously if you planned it out and saved a little at a time you could and used reclaimed wood where you could, you can build a functioning GH. The current GH I'm building is #5 for me.the first two I tore down and replaced with the third which was at my old house.

Now if you want a prefab job then those cost a little bit. But still don't have to be rich to own one. Because I am far far from rich.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My real problem is just that I live in an apartment in Memphis, Tennessee with ridiculously hot summers and no outdoor space in which to put a greenhouse. CP's and nepenthes in general are like a freaking addiction and I've already spent a ton of money on plants and a fairly basic highland setup. I have two more orders of plants on the way! When I say rich I mean wealthy enough to indulge my addiction without having to sacrifice food and clothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If either of you actually get one of these coolers, please share your conclusions. There have been many people looking at these things (aka: lots of threads) and some that purchase them - afaik - none of them have worked out.

A number of people have successfully combined various permutations of a/c units & humidifiers to produce good HL conditions (check for threads on both TF & CPUK).
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of something like this. http://www.compactappliance.com/BWC9...-Free_Standing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dionysos86
    I don't see a problem with laying a thermo-electric unit on it's back, only the older compressor units would be damaged by that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the thermoelectric units shouldn't be hurt by laying on its back. Just make sure the vent for the hot side stays cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wine coolers and refrigerators are a stop gap solution that are adequate for small plants but like has been said, small plants eventually get big. I believe that ultimately a large refrigerated area will be needed which will in my case probably be an A/C unit in the bathroom/greenhouse and I dread sitting on a cold toilet or worse, shower in a cold room.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast