Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Nepenthes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your plant looks good. The new leaves appear a little smaller but its nothing to be alarmed with. That happens when you increase its light intensity sometimes. If the leaves keep progressively getting smaller there is a problem if it starts putting out bigger leaves then you are golden. You basicly have to learn to read what the plant is telling you. And read the signs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, good luck with your 1st Nepenthes! I think that set up should work fine while it is still small. All I see in your pictures is so much space for more, lol. That'll fill up quick enough though!

Also, I'd highly suggest instead of spending time misting multiple times a day to increase humidity, put a tray in that shelf and add some water to it. Elevate the pot out of the water on something, so it's not actually sitting in the water absorbing it. It'll save you a lot of time and trouble as far as keeping some humidity there. Plus then you don't have to worry about leaking everywhere after you water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice start! I know exactly where that plant came from via the style of id tag.
    Joshua from PA
    Looking for plants with Pennsylvania location data
    Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...923#post933923

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrtfox1942 View Post
    Nice start! I know exactly where that plant came from via the style of id tag.
    Yeah

Thanks everyone for the comments! I thought I would post a two week update.

The plant began growth almost immediately, and it is doing great without additional lighting supplement. It recently put out a new leaf that is twice the size of the previous one with another on its way!

Thanks everyone!
    Kenny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12