Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nepenthes bellii x aristolochioides

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes bellii x aristolochioides

Just received some awesome new plants - N. bellii x aristo and N. muluensis x lowii from a certain vendor in NY, and an N. hamata AW 3 from another vendor. All the plants look fantastic.
    My question is about the bellii x aristo - I have it growing in my highland growspace which ranges between 75 - 77 during the day to 50-55 at night. I also have another space where I grow most of my Pings that gets the same day temps but only gets to about 65-68 at night. Does the bellii x aristo prefer temp drops at night or would it be happy in what is basically a room temperature terrarium?
    - All existence kneels before beauty when it is both flawless and fierce -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dionysos86 View Post
    Just received some awesome new plants - N. bellii x aristo and N. muluensis x lowii from a certain vendor in NY, and an N. hamata AW 3 from another vendor. All the plants look fantastic.
    My question is about the bellii x aristo - I have it growing in my highland growspace which ranges between 75 - 77 during the day to 50-55 at night. I also have another space where I grow most of my Pings that gets the same day temps but only gets to about 65-68 at night. Does the bellii x aristo prefer temp drops at night or would it be happy in what is basically a room temperature terrarium?
    I have been growing N. bellii X aristolochioides for some time now. It lives in my greenhouse where the climate is true to highland growing conditions. (85F max in the day, night time lows between 50F and 58F) This particular hybrid lives at bench level near the fogger where day temps are cooler (and some shade from hanging plants above it) and it thrives. So I would say that this plant is perfectly happy in true highland conditions, but with N. bellii as a parent, it would undoubtedly tolerate intermediate conditions just as readily. I think you get to choose, really; I expect the plant is quite flexible as far as night temp drops is concerned. Its a beautiful hybrid:

[IMG]http://**************************************/2013/04/20130406-163407.jpg[/IMG]

By the way, you will enjoy the N. muluensis X lowii, but it will test your patience! It is a slooooowwww grower, that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slow indeed! but most definitely worth it

havent tried the belli x aristo but it kinda looks like spectabilis x aristo from that photo. mabe a narrower opening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. It really is a beautiful plant and I suspected it might be pretty forgiving given its mixed ancestry. My current highland terrarium is fairly small and cooling it down to 50 degrees takes a bit of room, so I'm looking at potential candidates for eventual relocation alongside my Mexican pings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same clone, two different pitchers, along with spect x aristo, IMO this probably the best primary aristo hybrid created

I love the smell of nep pollen in the morning..........smells like victory