Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crap.........literally!

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we're getting all personal here, I think that diarrhea just happens sometimes. Some people get it when they eat or drink something really sugary, and it could also be caused by lactose intolerance. I think you made a strange connection that doesn't make sense if you think about it. Unless your fingers were covered in slimy algae (and a lot of it), you diarrhea probably isn't related to what you think it is. You would need a ton of algae to be ingested to get diarrhea IF algae DOES cause it, which it may not. It depends on what kind of algae it was too.

So IMO it isn't related... But thanks for sharing about your digestive issues...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In for another long day as I don't take vacations, so thanks for the entertainment. I find this highly amusing; right up my alley.

I hear this type of accident often - from my older brother. However, his cause is vastly different, and induced by his morning hydration routine, 0.5 gallon of water before his morning exercises. Needless to say, we both consume 2-3 gallons of water per day, but I make it a rule of not beginning until after breakfast.

The 24 hour cruise ship sickness, norovirus, is the typical.

If your gut microfauna is giving noticeable differences, and you feel like you have not returned to normal peristaltic functions in the next day or two, the fine balance of bacterial sub-populations most likely have been altered. This is one of the main culprits, that account for the difference between obese/sickly and healthy individuals. If you are up for it, you can repopulate with good microbiota after a cleansing. Cleansing = drink some xylitol mixed in water. Plan on not going anywhere for the better part of the day - it might be dangerous. Then select somehow who is close to you, household member is a good choice, and share some food. In clinical trials, gut microbiota is transferred via fecal transplants. There is no shortage of journal articles since it is a hot field of research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fecal transplants

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha... well, as they say, "what ya gonna do for a Klondike bar"

You may have just happened to ingest some nasty nasty bacteria that the body had to get rid of fast or consequences would be even more brutal.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, wow. No, absolutely not, algae didn't cause your "accident." 99% of 24 hr gut issues are some type of food poisoning. It was probably something you ate even before the ice cream. No worries on the fecal transplant, (also, a big lol at mentioning that) that's a rare one and really only works for hard to rid infections like C. diff.

heatherfeather knows the weather! lil hokie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow!!
    That is a bummer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lil hokie View Post
    Oh wow!!
    That is a bummer.
    Puns and bodily humor.... immature, but ever funny!
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TMI and lols at the same time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast