What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. "Marbled Dragon"

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
20130529_232736_zps24d917fe.jpg

This guy is doing really well. Getting back to its former glory. Two growth points with both of them putting on size. This is the original and I also have the remake with the red truncata. I look forward to seeing the differences.

Anyone care to share their N. "Marbled Dragon"?

Whoa, nice plant!

Love the peristome. The slightly tilted angle of the pitcher reminds me of N. robcantleyi.

Good Growing,
Kenny

Love the colors on this plant. Been wanting to get one of these for a while, as I one day plan to have an entire "Dragon" series.

Here's mine though I'm not sure of the exact origin...

DSC03858_zps415b0a88.jpg

Hi Carlton. I'm like you I want the dragon series too. They are all truncata hybrids and there are a few that are going to be hard to get. Its not just the three. There are others according to photo finder.

Dueoka that's a nice peri there! If its marbled dragon it should have originated in EP. I received mine from A grower in Fla but its origin started at EP.I was wondering if there were other clones out there if this cross.

Anyone else have one?

Yep, it's a huge list: Marbled, Black, Squat, Sulawesi, Philippine, ........ the one I want most is Dragon Fire (spectabilis x truncata). It seems remakes of the Marbled dragon cross are becoming more common now, though.

Dueoka that's a nice peri there! If its marbled dragon it should have originated in EP. I received mine from A grower in Fla but its origin started at EP.I was wondering if there were other clones out there if this cross.

I received it from a nursery in Hawaii. It came as truncata x maxima (with no other information). I wouldn't be surprised if it's a private cross as the two species seem quite common.

HC I'm with you. I would like to collect the rest of the dragons ad well. And dragon fire does look spectacular.

Back