User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When to Repot Attenboroughii Seedlings?

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When to Repot Attenboroughii Seedlings?

I've talked to a few people about this in chats but I haven't gotten a straight answer. I have six attenboroughii seedlings, all with 2-3 pitchers on them. Some of them are starting to make larger pitchers. The leaves on one may be 1/2mm in width even. They have 2-3 carnivorous leaves each.

When could I repot them? I know there is a critical period when I must do it. I planted them in late December (IIRC) and they sprouted sometime in January. They're a couple mm across I would assume, maybe like 2mm across IDK. I can get pictures if needed but they may be deceptive since I'll have to zoom in and such.

Is there a general rule for repotting? What medium should I repot them in? When can I move them into the greenhouse? I don't want to do this prematurely, so I'd like to do this at the SAFEST time to repot them.

Thanks for any info!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What media/container are they in now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to repot mine whenever they reach about two inches across.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I repotted my jambans after like 1.5years+ since they were starting to grow all over each other. I don't think it really matters unless the dirt is bad or they're too close.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started repotting now with the average # of pitchers at 4-5. Are they in Sphagnum? If not then they could probably be OK until it starts getting crowded. From what I have been told, they like chunky media. I have mine in peat, perlite, some sphagnum strands, chopped up orchid bark & laterite.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    I've started repotting now with the average # of pitchers at 4-5. Are they in Sphagnum? If not then they could probably be OK until it starts getting crowded. From what I have been told, they like chunky media. I have mine in peat, perlite, some sphagnum strands, chopped up orchid bark & laterite.
    Yeah, they're in super chunky Sphagnum. There is some algae growing on the top too... Not the BEST medium but IDK. I mean, they're growing, so...

I guess I'll just keep them potted for a year or so that way I don't kill them. The algae isn't too bad, it isn't like slime-coated Sphagnum. It just tinted the Sphagnum a bit darker.

When do you guys think I could move them out to the greenhouse?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, sorry to bump this again, but the pots they're in are growing mold. The biggest and fastest growing of them all has three carnivorous leaves and the two others are close behind. The other two that I didn't mention turned yellowish.

So I'm thinking of repotting... Should I carefully pull them out and do so? Would I put them back in the same conditions and then acclimate them to GH living?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea seedlings are prone too damp-off when kept too wet and not enough air circulation. whatever you're going to do you it's better soon than later I would treat with a fungicide and repot them in pure live sphagnum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast