Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekly follow-up of my new Neps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome thread, I love tagging along for progress by the way is that singalana from Tujuh or Belirang?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey3288 View Post
    Awesome thread, I love tagging along for progress by the way is that singalana from Tujuh or Belirang?
    I have no idea. It was bought from Germany and was only labeled as "Sumatra" so no specification.

Feel free to post some pictures of your own plants growth process! They will surely be appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea of this thread, I can't wait to see their further progress. Man that inermis is a beast, and the lowii seems to be chugging along at a rather fast pace too. What conditions are you growing them in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in a couple of years this is going to be a classic thread,great idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngantnier View Post
    I love the idea of this thread, I can't wait to see their further progress. Man that inermis is a beast, and the lowii seems to be chugging along at a rather fast pace too. What conditions are you growing them in?
    All the photographed highlanders are in my windowsill setup, which looks like this:

They have moss growing all around them ensuring a humidity that rarely drops below 50% and easily goes up to 80-90% in the evening and night. As you can see on the photograph, which was taken during the hottest time of the day, the relative humidity is still around 60-70%

The window is south-facing which results in the plants getting 3-4 hours of direct sunlight, except for the N. villosa because it might not be able to take so much light (that's why it is the one behind the bar where my thermometer and hydrometer are). The N. villosa only gets some direct sunlight in the early morning and late afternoon. So far most of the plants are really apparently really enjoying the rather large amount of light.

The temperatures during the daytime are 20-30C (with the occasional spike above 30C) and 10-17C during nighttime in the summer. In winter I rely on the central heating to keep the daytime room temperature around 20C and allow it to drop to 14-17C at night.

And the bicalcarata is in a separate room in a smaller aquarium because it couldn't handle the nighttime temperature drop:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh I always love shots with lots of live sphagnum looks like they're getting some awesome conditions. Also, very cool that you got two villosa's from one! Man that's got to feel like finding an extra $100 in your pocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated
    Last edited by Johanovich; 08-13-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next update!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast