Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: June Wistuba Shipment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Wistuba View Post
    Hello all,

I am trying whatever possible, but there are only so many eMails, I am capable to answer. I am not a big company but a one-man operation (with a few helpers) and there is so much more work to do in the greenhouse, with tissue cultures, etc. than to answer many many e-mails. I regularly get 20-30 mails per day, so you might have a clue what this means after you had to stay in bed with fever for a week not being able to work at all. For this reason (fever and a very bad sinusitis during which I was not able to work much at all) I had to delay June shipment by a week - originally I had planned to ship one week earlier.

Anyway, as I am still in June-Schedule for the shipment, I do not really see much of a reason for complaints.

All the best

Andreas
    Andreas,

I probably could have chosen better words, but I did give some reasons why you might have a difficult time, and I understand those reasons; so I hope you didn't take my words too harshly. I try to give credit where credit is due. After all, you are one of very few overseas distributers that supplies the customers directly, and that is a lot to take on, so we thank you for that! Best of luck finishing the season's shipments!
    Richard
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of these orders were placed in March or April, and were scheduled for May,Mass. In any case your professed amazement that people shop for highlanders in summer seems odd, don't you think?
    Quote:
    Jun 2, 2013 at 6:42pm
    My want list:
    Post by mass on Jun 2, 2013 at 6:42pm
    N. villosa
    N. macrophylla
    N. x Trusmadiensis
    N. truncata Pasian
    N. robcantleyi
    N. truncata x ephippiata
    N. ventricosa x ephippiata
    N. ventricosa x x Trusmadiensis
    Roridula - any species
    H. Tequila
    H. tatei

Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    I'm amazed at just how many people wait until summer to place their orders for heat sensitive plants. Think you're frustrated now, just wait until you get your long awaited packages.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewilder View Post
    In any case your professed amazement that people shop for highlanders in summer seems odd, don't you think?
    No.. not even a little.
    A 2-3 day shipment within the US doesn't even compare to a 14+ day shipment from overseas.
    Besides, people will do what they will. Does it really matter what I think? I already regret posting my opinion in the first place..
    Last edited by mass; 06-24-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    No.. not even a little.
    A 2-3 day shipment within the US doesn't even compare to a 14+ day shipment from overseas.
    Besides, people will do what they will. Does it really matter what I think? I already regret posting my opinion in the first place..
    While processing time of USDA and US-customs are somewhat unpredictable, people who order with overnight forwarding usually have their plants within 7 or 8 days after shipping - not 14+ ...!!!
    I do everything I can to keep processing times that I can control at a minimum.

Best regards

Andreas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edited, not worth it.
    Last edited by mylesG; 06-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Wistuba View Post
    While processing time of USDA and US-customs are somewhat unpredictable, people who order with overnight forwarding usually have their plants within 7 or 8 days after shipping - not 14+ ...!!!
    I do everything I can to keep processing times that I can control at a minimum.

Best regards

Andreas
    Guess you force me to ask the obvious then..
    What about those of us that can't afford large orders for free overnight, or the extra cost of overnight? How long would a standard shipment take to arrive to one's home? I'm not trying to dog on your business in the least Andreas. What started as a simple opinionated statement, has apparently turned into me being forced to explain myself.. again.
    I've learned the hard way that's it's best to place overseas orders during the off seasons when the weather isn't at it's harshest. Too many DOA's to count..
    Which is exactly why I quit ordering from the end of spring until the beginning of fall. And again until winter ends..
    Same exact reason CZ plants prefers to wait on shipping "slow to arrive" packages until the weather permits. They got sick of having to replace plant after plant.
    I guess my point is, pay attention to the weather before placing your orders. OR.. spring for the express shipping and cross your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by mylesG View Post
    edited, not worth it.
    ditto..
    Last edited by mass; 06-25-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    helping people? these are people who have orders coming. not people pondering whether they should order or not. where in this did you help anyone or even come close to doing so?

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choosing USPS Express will typically ensure your plants arrive a day earlier, if not two. Priority is fine in most cases, since it's usually entry into the US that takes the most time (an uncontrollable factor).

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast