What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June Wistuba Shipment

Hey all, I'm awaiting some plants that are supposed to be shipped in June from Germany. Is anyone else waiting on a plant order and, if so, have you heard anything about it? I'm going out if town on July 8th and am starting to wonder. I ordered them in April and never thought I would be looking for plants in July!

hello! i had an order scheduled for may that was pushed off into the june shipment and have not heard anthing lately. trying to keep myself from getting frustrated but isnt going so well. i hope for both our sakes that the plants get shipped out very soon

I haven't heard anything yet. If it's anything like the May shipment, we should get an email next week that it has been shipped from Germany.

Yup, waiting for a June shipment too. :-( Glad I'm not the only one who was starting to get concerned it's almost the end of June and no word. Fingers crossed for next week as the 1st few weeks of July I'm going to be away a lot too.

I just placed an order with him a few weeks ago.
I heard from him on the 17th saying to expect the plants in July.
JMatt

Good to know I'm not the only one! I thought maybe I'd been skipped over somehow. What all did you guys order? This was kind of a test shipment for me so I only ordered a few plants - N. aristolochioides, N. jaquelineae, N. muluensis, and N. tenuis.

I got an eddie I'm waiting for..he hasn't even answered my Emails. :glare:

I'm on Myles' order and I'm getting N. campanulata, N. campy x maxima, and the two different clones of N. clipeata

I really need to get something from Wistuba sometime. The first time I stumbled upon their site, I was very impressed by their inventory. Anyhow, good luck growing when they arrive!

there shall be more group orders to come :)

Don, this was in his last email response to me... so hopefully it wont be as late as the may shipment was:

"will ship by mid June.

There were simply too many orders coming in for May and there is a certain size I do not wish to get over. "

So detailed and thorough :-O

better than the lack of response im getting now :lol:

He told me for my 'Ed' that "The shipping date (June) gives you a rough estimate when to await your plants." However, when I looked at the order form, I saw the date 07/ 2013. I asked him if that meant the shipping date was the 7th of June, but the date format was different and he told me that "7/13 means July" (not sure how this happened with a shipping date for June :/ ). Knowing that I would be gone most of July, I contacted him to have him ship on the next shipment in September instead of early/mid July. I hope this helps with getting everyone's orders sorted out, but then again I'm not entirely sure if my order was just an oddball that got its shipment moved to July or if everyone's shipment got moved to July for some reason :/ .

well he has a june and july ship date that are two seperate imports. so hopefully im not still waiting in a month :0o:

Wistuba is notoriously bad at maintaining contact and communicating with customers, not to mention the very long wait. Can't say he is necessarily to be blamed though. Think of all the phytosanitary paperwork he has to go through and all the individual customers he is dealing with, on top of his field work...

That doesn't make it much less frustrating for the customers, but he does have an unprecedented variety of plants in his sales catalogue, so we buy from him. I have a pending order that is supposed to be shipped in July (ordered in April).

:lol: such impatience! Used to be you would order and wait 6-12 months for a shipment from AW instead of 6 - 12 weeks.

did you also have to walk to school uphill both ways? :awesome:

:p

And barefooted! :awesome:

Wistuba is notoriously bad at maintaining contact and communicating with customers, not to mention the very long wait. Can't say he is necessarily to be blamed though. Think of all the phytosanitary paperwork he has to go through and all the individual customers he is dealing with, on top of his field work...

That doesn't make it much less frustrating for the customers, but he does have an unprecedented variety of plants in his sales catalogue, so we buy from him. I have a pending order that is supposed to be shipped in July (ordered in April).

Hello all,

I am trying whatever possible, but there are only so many eMails, I am capable to answer. I am not a big company but a one-man operation (with a few helpers) and there is so much more work to do in the greenhouse, with tissue cultures, etc. than to answer many many e-mails. I regularly get 20-30 mails per day, so you might have a clue what this means after you had to stay in bed with fever for a week not being able to work at all. For this reason (fever and a very bad sinusitis during which I was not able to work much at all) I had to delay June shipment by a week - originally I had planned to ship one week earlier.

Anyway, as I am still in June-Schedule for the shipment, I do not really see much of a reason for complaints.

All the best

Andreas

I'm amazed at just how many people wait until summer to place their orders for heat sensitive plants.

Last edited:
Back