User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'll Betcha No One Hits the B.I.N.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll Betcha No One Hits the B.I.N.......

There is an auction for a large N. macrophylla on eBay right now that I'm sure several of you have seen. The seller has obviously invested a great deal of time and patience and it's his or her choice to set the hoops however they want for anyone wanting to jump in but if I were selling that high I would have either waited until several fresh pitchers had set or would have whacked off those dead and dying ones and just used file pictures of fully flushed pitchers from the past. A couple of the rules listed in the details sound a little preemptory and harsh like blocking a bidder from ever bidding on any future auctions if they dare offer a lower price. I might check back in a few days to see if it sells but I am betting it doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid people do stupid things....
    Gettin there...

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this later today. What has me worried about the plant's safety is the apparent fungus issue covering most of the old leaves and the small root system. Has anyone asked the seller of the origins of the Macrophylla? I would be very curious to find out. . . . .

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The soil choice is dubious. It sounds similar to what I had mine in until this weekend, and whoever was in the chat Saturday all heard how my roots fared in that mess.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool plant. But this guy is nuts. With that attitude I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't really trying to sell it. Just posting to show off or troll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has big healthy leaves with the exception of the spots but I noticed the small container also. This looks more like an "I need some money fast" deal rather than someone deciding to part with a plant. I have a small mac and have no idea what a realistic price would be on that plant so would anyone care to state a hypothetical price? My wild guess would be around $1500.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregoncp View Post
    Cool plant. But this guy is nuts. With that attitude I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't really trying to sell it. Just posting to show off or troll.
    I think you nailed it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I can almost guarantee that it's not going to sell at that price. "It'll pitcher soon" Uh huh! Not after the move, it won't. This is setting someone up for a huge disappointment, IMO.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast