Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: This Nepenthes pollen needs a place to go .... FAST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Nepenthes pollen needs a place to go .... FAST

Nepenthes x 'Maggie Jones' flowers are almost all open on this plant. Please let me know if you've got a female in flower or about to flower and I'll overnight this stuff to you (for a 50/50 split of the seeds produced, of course ).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I see the plant pitchers?? I have a female splendiana and ventricosa 'hot lips' flowering female

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't have to overnight it I don't think just priority. My plants are a few weeks out from flowering still. I'll have to store it when it gets here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Can I see the plant pitchers?? I have a female splendiana and ventricosa 'hot lips' flowering female

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have to wonder why you want to use this for breeding? This is one of the least interesting hybrids out there, so why employ its genetic mediocrity in making a new hybrid? If you just want some seeds to grow for the same of making new plants, I can offer you something much more interesting. (Seeds, I mean)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what you're saying. I just hate to see the pollen go to waste. I'm not trying to make hybrids that will win a beauty contest, I'm just letting the community know that it's available. Maybe someone has a female flowering and wants to produce seeds just for the experience OR because they think the parentage of ventricosa and kampo will go good with a hybrid of their own. I'm not terribly concerned with the outcome either way.