User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Some new pics from here and there.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the Campy style pitchers!
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big pic dump!

I'm still hoping these mirabilis turn out to be echinostoma as the seeds were labeled, but these pitchers are reaching nearly 2" tall and the peristomes are wide, but I'm not sure they're that wide

gracilis "red" Bukit Barisan finally showing red!

glabrata x maxima probably needs a repot (mostly to get its younger sibling a chance to catch up), but colors are still filling in

my one lingulata is still growing steady, but the last few leaves have refused to gain any size

vogelii slowed down and produced some small, yellowish leaves over summer, but it's perking up again as cooler temps reappear

diatas Bandahara is moving steady however

pitchers from each of my gracilis nigropurpurea seedlings

x splendiana x tiveyi "red peristome" opened a big new pitcher, with faint red mottling showing up. It should be gorgeous as an adult

group shot of (inermis x singalana) x mira. The biggest of the 3 vines also has a notable swelling, so fingers crossed that it's a flower. And, since this was a SG plant, maybe a female!

BE sp. 1 is also producing nice pitchers, though I can't wait for the mature, monster pitchers it should produce

khasiana has also fully settled in and is growing rapidly. The pitchers have a beautiful red flush on the inside too

sumatrana "Giant" is also chugging along

seedlings of gracilis "Giant red"

I'm hoping it's just because they're closely related, but the beccariana "red" pitchers are shaped a lot like N. eustachya, and have the striped lip as well. But, we shall see.

burkei BE-3254 was a little sad for some time, producing off-shaped leaves, but it's now back on track. Before it sorted itself out, however, it left me with this adorable little mutant...

'Rokko' x (thorelii x aristolochioides) gaining size and color

bellii x rc is also getting bigger, and gaining color

newly repotted merrilliana x campanulata

Viking #19 x (maxima x trusmadiensis) never disappoints

And though the pitchers are simple, neither does 'Lang'

My two neoguineensis Cyclops Mtn. gaining size

ventricosa x gymnamphora has slowed down for unknown reasons, but still sometimes put out nice pitchers, like this slightly odd but attractive one

the underrated x ventrata

'Rokko' Exotica group shot

My Viking has begun to grow rapidly, and puts out endearing little fat, red blushed pitchers

And lastly, new pitcher on rc 'Queen of Hearts' x maxima

Last edited by hcarlton; 09-24-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, I especially like the (inermis x singalana) x mira. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    beautiful! That had better be a echinostoma

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, more new pitchers are opening on the mirabilis (no pics yet), and the lip is wide, but it's definitely not echinostoma wide...
    The good news is, there is variety in the coloration, as I have some that are pure green, and others that have some really deep red coming in.

Meanwhile, I believe I got the lucky shot on bellii x rc. A lot of people say that it doesn't really get any of the color, but mine is beginning to blush, and it's getting stronger with newer pitchers

My khasiana is also a colorful clone apparently, as the newest pitcher is heavily bejeweled in red mottling
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool man. Great collection, they all look very nice. Are these in a greenhouse?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Nepenthes generally don't do great in the regular humidity around here..
    Growlist

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big N. gracilis nigropurpurea. Dark speckling is increasing
    N. gracilis nigropurpurea by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    However, this seedling will probably be the darkest one, with purple blushing along with the speckles. Even the leaves are red, as can be seen in the background
    N. gracilis nigropurpurea by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    N. burkei. Pitchers are almost back to normal, and the next one looks to be very nice
    N. burkei by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    The biggest of the 'Rokko' x (thorelii x aristolochioides) is very, very red
    N. 'Rokko' x (thorelii x aristolochioides) by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    My keeper seedlings of N. ventricosa x tiveyi. They were selected because some are very red (it's not damage, that's the normal leaf color), some are very large, pitcher wise, and some are just good growers. I have around 100 or so others I hope to have available soon still growing out
    N. ventricosa x tiveyi by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    'Splendid Diana' x ventricosa "red" keeper plants. Pictures of one pitcher per each of the 6.
    This is the most heavily patterned one. It appears a lot of the ones I am going to sell have red pattern similar to this
    N. 'Splendid Diana' x ventricosa "red" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    N. 'Splendid Diana x ventricosa "red" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    The N. mirabilis "formerly echinostoma" from Sajingan. While some of the plants, like my big one, are turning very red, and the peristome is still thick, it's not quite what I was hoping for.
    N. mirabilis Sajingan by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    My 2 biggest plants
    N. mirabilis Sajingan by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    Along with the 3 main vines and numerous side shoots, ampullaria 'Harlequin' has made a true carpet of pitchers
    N. ampullaria 'Harlequin' by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    N. x hookeriana from a green ampullaria parent. I've identified for certain at least 3 hookeriana and one amp from this batch, and have a couple dozen or so others I'm still waiting to grow out properly.
    N. x hookeriana "green parent" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    This is the amp
    N. ampullaria "green parent" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    A nice, fat red pitcher from N. Viking
    N. Viking by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    And the new pitcher off 'Black Dragon'
    N. 'Black Dragon' by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    Bonus points for anyone who can guess why I've been waiting for so long to take this picture! Hint: think about the names
    N. Viking and 'Black Dragon' by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    The sole seedling that came from a batch of ampullaria "red parent" seeds. How ironic that it's the pure green one....
    N. ampullaria green by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    N. merrilliana x campanulata
    N. merrilliana x campanulata by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    N. merrilliana x campanulata by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    N. Viking #19 x (maxima x trusmadiensis) is definitely going to intermediate pitchers. The slim profile and notable hip were not present before
    N. Viking x (maxima x trusmadiensis) by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    Growlist

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast