Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Some new pics from here and there.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That glabrata
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How large of a pot are you using for that ampullaria? I would expect that such a large plant would require a large pot. The leaves look so large compared to the pitchers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the gigantic amp!
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    The pot is a handmade vase-style ceramic pot, about 18 inches tall and nearly a foot across at the widest, so yes, a very large pot. Not as big as the one I'm saving for a bical one day though....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ampullaria roots sure like to travel too. I actually have one root that came out one of the holes in the bottom and managed to find its way back in the pot through the next hole. I feel like a **** every time I pick it up.

My glabrata leaves struggle a little too but mine is more from sunburn (or light burn I should say). Still the pitchers keep coming so I can't complain. My biggest has hit about 1" tall and about a 1 cm wide at the base. I still get giddy every time I see a larger pitcher lol.

Oh the echinostoma I got from you is settling in nicely. The leaves have all taken on some red coloration from the light. The oldest pitcher is starting to die back but the youngest pitcher is inflating so I'll take that as a sign that it's happy. All nice red lips so far I was surprised to see how thin the leaves are too. I'm used to the seedlings with smaller waxy leaves. These almost look like paper-thin, cheap leaves from a fake plant lol. Gotta love the variability within the genus.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Yes, mirabilis is almost infamous for those thin leaves (and by circumstance their natural slowness in acclimating to lower humidity...).
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Viking x (maxima x trusmadiensis) is elongating, might be heading toward intermediate pitchers. I can't wait to see what uppers might look like!

And merrilliana x campy continues to look just like a fat campy, complete with the minute teeth

There's been discussion about rc hybrids recently, and a lot of people don't like them. I'll admit most are lacking in color, but I do like the shape. This is what I think is an SG bellii x rc

And beccariana "red" has stripes!

The biggest gracilis nigro is showing colors on the outside of the pitchers now too, and it's still a very young plant
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    'Rokko' Exotica is starting to put out some substantially sized pitchers

glabrata x maxima is gaining size with every leaf and pitcher. This one is nearly 2" tall, on a barely 2 1/2" leaf

My first home-grown Viking pitcher. This was low light, I'm sure colors would be amazing in full sun or at least moderate light

New addition, rc 'Queen of Hearts' x maxima (thanks Paul!). I actually am very fond of the shape and pattern, and it already has a large leaf unfolding

The most amp-ish pitcher so far from my ampullaria SG "Sintang, Kalimantan" seedlings. Hopefully the rest end up the same, especially since I hear they're in short supply right now.

And lastly, a roundabout recreation of the toilet bow Nepenthes: (inermis x singalana) x mira

Growlist

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    'Rokko' Exotica upper. This thing has produced uppers before, but on no plant at no time have I seen any pitcher this thin

The red lid is beautifully contrasting too.

Big merrilliana x campy pitcher. The whole plant really just looks like a hyped-up campy too

The only sprout I got from a batch of x splendiana x tiveyi "red peristome" seeds, but I got lucky as it's a vigorous plant. Color is just showing now, speckles of red and pink blushing.

Pics to show diversity of my 'Splendid Diana' x ventricosa "red" keeper plants. Some are fat, some are thin, some are pale, and some are showing serious mottling already. Without a doubt the other ones I'm selling are even more diverse.

Growlist

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast