What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some new pics from here and there.....

I like the merrilliana x camp and vogelii. Very nice pitchers. And yes I think that amp is a hookeriana too. I'm also considering getting mer x camp, glad to see how the pitchers turn out.

Wow that giant spectabilis is awesome. I always wanted to grow one of those.

And what is that BE-88?? That peristome is brutal. Perfect coloration and viper too column.

The spectabilis giant is really easy actually. And raff BE-88 is one of their two famous "giant" clones. My plant is a little restricted in its growing environment, so the pitchers don't get as big as they could, but leaves are easily 2 feet in length.

The spectabilis giant is really easy actually. And raff BE-88 is one of their two famous "giant" clones. My plant is a little restricted in its growing environment, so the pitchers don't get as big as they could, but leaves are easily 2 feet in length.

So wait.. the BE-88 is just a clone of the spectabilis giant??

No, read what I wrote again. BE-88 is rafflesiana "Brunei Giant Red"

OH. haha sorry man, my eyes really messed up on that one. Absolutely spectacular hybrid. The teeth and peristome color is just spectacular.

Not a hybrid. That is pure rafflesiana.

So, the glabrata seems to like my conditions enough to pitcher with every leaf, but hates them enough to make small, yellowish leaves with damaging black dots. This one is confusing...

SG mirabilis "echinostoma" clones, one stays green and the other has cherry lips. These are the biggest of my 6 "keeper" seedlings

merrilliana x campy is keeping that hourglass shape so far, and the inside of the pitcher is blushing faint pink

New arrival, boschiana BE-3448

just to show size, Viking #19 x (maxima x trusmadiensis)

and, while not my longest plant, it may be largest by mass: N. ampullaria 'Harlequin' sporting 3 main vines, the largest at over 5 feet, and uncountable basals

And another new arrival, with notable teeth at only an inch high, burkei x hamata BE-3594

That viking is a monster. Also, those mirabilis pitchers have the same lips my king tiger x Mirabillis do.
I was wondering what plant those genes came from

A lot of lowlanders have lips of that shape when young, though these have rather wide ones. Hopefully that means they're the right form...

How large of a pot are you using for that ampullaria? I would expect that such a large plant would require a large pot. The leaves look so large compared to the pitchers.

Love the gigantic amp!

The pot is a handmade vase-style ceramic pot, about 18 inches tall and nearly a foot across at the widest, so yes, a very large pot. Not as big as the one I'm saving for a bical one day though....

Ampullaria roots sure like to travel too. I actually have one root that came out one of the holes in the bottom and managed to find its way back in the pot through the next hole. I feel like a **** every time I pick it up.

My glabrata leaves struggle a little too but mine is more from sunburn (or light burn I should say). Still the pitchers keep coming so I can't complain. My biggest has hit about 1" tall and about a 1 cm wide at the base. I still get giddy every time I see a larger pitcher lol.

Oh the echinostoma I got from you is settling in nicely. The leaves have all taken on some red coloration from the light. The oldest pitcher is starting to die back but the youngest pitcher is inflating so I'll take that as a sign that it's happy. All nice red lips so far :) I was surprised to see how thin the leaves are too. I'm used to the seedlings with smaller waxy leaves. These almost look like paper-thin, cheap leaves from a fake plant lol. Gotta love the variability within the genus.

Yes, mirabilis is almost infamous for those thin leaves (and by circumstance their natural slowness in acclimating to lower humidity...).

Viking x (maxima x trusmadiensis) is elongating, might be heading toward intermediate pitchers. I can't wait to see what uppers might look like!

And merrilliana x campy continues to look just like a fat campy, complete with the minute teeth

There's been discussion about rc hybrids recently, and a lot of people don't like them. I'll admit most are lacking in color, but I do like the shape. This is what I think is an SG bellii x rc

And beccariana "red" has stripes!

The biggest gracilis nigro is showing colors on the outside of the pitchers now too, and it's still a very young plant

'Rokko' Exotica is starting to put out some substantially sized pitchers

glabrata x maxima is gaining size with every leaf and pitcher. This one is nearly 2" tall, on a barely 2 1/2" leaf

My first home-grown Viking pitcher. This was low light, I'm sure colors would be amazing in full sun or at least moderate light

New addition, rc 'Queen of Hearts' x maxima (thanks Paul!). I actually am very fond of the shape and pattern, and it already has a large leaf unfolding

The most amp-ish pitcher so far from my ampullaria SG "Sintang, Kalimantan" seedlings. Hopefully the rest end up the same, especially since I hear they're in short supply right now.

And lastly, a roundabout recreation of the toilet bow Nepenthes: (inermis x singalana) x mira

'Rokko' Exotica upper. This thing has produced uppers before, but on no plant at no time have I seen any pitcher this thin

The red lid is beautifully contrasting too.

Big merrilliana x campy pitcher. The whole plant really just looks like a hyped-up campy too

The only sprout I got from a batch of x splendiana x tiveyi "red peristome" seeds, but I got lucky as it's a vigorous plant. Color is just showing now, speckles of red and pink blushing.

Pics to show diversity of my 'Splendid Diana' x ventricosa "red" keeper plants. Some are fat, some are thin, some are pale, and some are showing serious mottling already. Without a doubt the other ones I'm selling are even more diverse.

Back