What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. edwardsiana growers - come in!

Check the article I linked above..

I'm not a scientist, that stuff gives me a headache.
It's like trying to read German. I don't understand anything that's being said..

Last edited:
huh that is tubby.. nice!

Gorgeous shots Mat..

Same pitcher, two views.
null_zpse1ff9fe4.jpg

null_zpsb8804c52.jpg

and here's the whole plant before the pitcher popped. This is the seed grown.
null_zpsb3cc240d.jpg

I finally got my N. Edwardsiana yesterday! Its extremely tiny, maybe smaller than a coin.. Sg plant.. Hoping that it settles down quickly
& nicely and starts producing its spectacular signature pirchers :D

we want pics! :D congrats on the new arrival

You guys with your N. edwardsiana's.... so envious.

Mine is still recovering from a fungal infection. It only has one healthy leaf right now.

About a month after it arrived. That largest leaf is new since it's arrival at this stage. The plant spanned approximately 2.5" before it put out this new leaf.

Another few weeks later.

I took this pic about 2 weeks ago. The plant is now almost spanning the 6" pot it's growing in.

That emerging leaf is now just about fully extended and the developing pitcher on the right is now open. This plant was grown partially shaded by other plants but it now has much better access to the lights. I'll take some fresh pics this weekend.

Incredible pics guys. Glad to see it become more commonplace and you guys are doing great with it. :)<textarea id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display: none;"></textarea>

Seriously wish mine was still alive right now.

Mines just a baby SG from Kinabalu
1234854_10152225344953346_1779734177_n.jpg

Seriously wish mine was still alive right now.
Sorry to hear you lost your edwardsiana, Wireman. :(

Here are my updates:

Developing pitcher AW clone

Seed grown

Little AW clone starting to make some progress

aaahhhhh!!!! it's scary :lol:
I am sooo jealous man. Good growing.

Nice pitchers everyone!

Fresh pics. Looks like I'm getting some jumps in size after repotting a couple months ago.
null_zpsa01ac0cc.jpg

null_zps5e5338c8.jpg

Pebes,
I'd be wary of that 'star' moss in with your big eddie. Unlike most mosses, it does not confine it's growth to the top cm (or so) of media. It will send it's very tenacious moss-roots (rhizoids) all the way through a pot's media. While thick Heli roots 'seem' to not be impacted, I had a rare sundew get completely choked out & die. Haven't tested any Neps since I don't have any I'm willing to sacrifice.... ???

Back