Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: question on the most beautifull nepenthes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect BE has no plans to tissue culture the named clones (QofHearts, to name just one) since those clones have "proprietary value" to BE. The truth is that there will be clones among the seed-grown plants BE sells that are every bit as good as their original named clones, and a few may actually exceed them. There I no reason to avoid buying the seed-grown plants while they are still available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the following threads for a better understanding why Rob is unlikely to tc the species using adult plant material.

1. Growth pattern - single vine rather similar to a truncata (why it's called the black truncata in the fisrt place) and rarely producing offshoots (the last time I asked about 4-5 years ago, Rob said the three adult plants have not produced offshoots)
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...runcata-babies

2. Success rate - more than one growth tip is required for success
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-N-campanulata

Just to share some pics which I took when I had the chance to touch the plant in 2008...boy, I wished I could hug it. LOL

Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top photo, pitcher farthest to the right looks larger than many rajah photos I've seen. How does robc compare in the order of largest Nepenthes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alotta beautiful neps out there but Robc is the best in my book! Cindy, those pics are soooo nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing pics Cindy, thank you!
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know there were good reasons to not bring it into cultivation.
    But for me it doesn't matter too much because this thread convinced me to buy a robcantleyi and sure it will be more beautifull then its parents
    Now I'm waiting for it to arrive so we'll see in a couple of years.
    Thanks for the info everybody!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrew View Post
    The top photo, pitcher farthest to the right looks larger than many rajah photos I've seen. How does robc compare in the order of largest Nepenthes?
    The following rajah pitcher was also displayed during the same show. The rajah lost every of its pitchers by the end of the show (a week) and all the friends of the Borneo Exotics team were fighting to keep the worst-looking robc pitcher (totally intact and fresh except for a browning lid)! I lost...and got the rajah pitcher which is still sitting in my balcony, together with the rest of my CPs. LOL

For comparison of size next to a beer glass...
    Cindy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123