Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question on the most beautifull nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question on the most beautifull nepenthes

Hi all, I recently joined the forum and i have some questions so here is one:
    To me, the Queen of Hearts nepenthes (black truncata or robcantleyi, you all know) is the most beautifull nep i've ever seen! I know you can buy N. robcantleyi but mostly there is much King of Spades in it. You probably understand what I mean, king of spades is beautifull too, but what I'm wondering is: What has become of the original queen plant and has it been tissue cultured? or is her offspring with king of spades the closest thing we can get of it? I cannot believe that since i read it was prized and called 'one of the most photographed neps'. Just look her picture again!
    If you guys don't know, is it worth to send an email to mister Cantley?
    Oh and if you have a nice N. robcantleyi with larger pitchers, please show them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am 99% sure that neither parent is in culture and BE has no plans to sell cuttings of the parents at any point in time.

the offspring is your best bet, the more seedlings you get, the better chance you will get one that reflects more of the mother's traits. not so easy when the plants are far from cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a small one that is starting to get some color to it. I'm very happy to have just the one.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks fot the answer, so they won't sell offspring? Why is that? (just being curious). The offspring looks amazing too indeed but the prices keep me waiting from buying them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol they have been selling their offspring for years and years. maybe i was unclear? they are not selling cuttngs or TC'd plants of the parents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it does well, but i'm sure that you experienced guys have it in you to keep them healthy. I just wouldn't be ready to take on a special species like that, maybe in a year or two
    What do you mean "to have just the one"? Is it like the mother plant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry my bad. I meant the exact clones of the queen, not offspring like in q X k. So why they don't make clones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @myles: im pretty sure that the 'king of spades' and 'queen of hearts' are actually in cultivation, hence their cultivar status--you cant call a wild plant a cultivar; they were harvested from wild parents though if i call correctly, so maybe one day they might make cuttings of the parents, but are making money of the chitlins so they probably wont stop doing that anytime soon.

@bellsprout: you missed the boat, they were relatively cheap upon their first release... the prices will only continue to go higher until they start releasing the TC'ed (not from seed) ones. all the robcantleyi from the original release were seed grown.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast