What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A mouse for my Truncata.

My bedroom used to be an old garage. Anyways, I heard some rustling noises while lying in bed a few nights ago and my first thought was that I had a furry intruder! I set up some traps and I was right. I decided to feed my truncata. I've fed it a mouse once before and it digested everything but the hair. If there's more mice I might stick them in the freezer, save them the next large trap my plant makes. Without further ado, here is my truncata sitting down to a meal in bed!
1235351_3466689481922_1921755469_n.jpg

66147_3466690561949_947027159_n.jpg

1236307_3466690521948_992790020_n.jpg

988274_3466691001960_1319195657_n.jpg

I can imagine that giving it a mouse would give it a good bit of fertilization, but doesn't it stink? I don't think that a slowly deteriorating mouse would smell great. Great pics of the Truncata BTW. Looks like its flourishing.

.....Without further ado, here is my truncata sitting down to a meal in bed! ...

Haha, I love your sense of humor :) Second pic is my fave, looks like that pitcher was thinking, mmm which one shall I have first, the mouse or the coke? Then of course it had to choose the meat (jump to pic #4) lol

Great truncata btw, and nice couch :)

... but doesn't it stink? I don't think that a slowly deteriorating mouse would smell great. ...

That was my first thought too.

iv heard such meals dont just stink, the smell is nearly unbearable.

Nice looking N. truncata, D_muscipula.

Some of my Nepenthes pitchers were recently fed voles, deer mice and a shrew, totaling 9 critters in all.

I've noticed that pitchers have to be of large enough volume to handle a small mammal, otherwise the pitchers blacken and putrefy rather quickly.

dvg

Last edited:
That code you used only worked for me when I clicked reply with Quote, which is really weird.

Back