User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Mold question ~ Cause solved, Elimination of mold itself sought!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Mold question ~ Cause solved, Elimination of mold itself sought!



    Hello! Fairly new to the forums, asking all sorts of questions all over the place for my new 3 plants, but I really want to get everything right and not have a graveyard on my hands! I just finished setting up a new terrarium, got brand new lights, and figured out how to keep the darn thing at a good humidity. Unfortunately, while I was figuring it out, I had some mold start to grow on one pitcher and a little bit on the re-hydrated Sphagnum moss. Misting the plant directly = Bad. Fixed. Now I just need to get rid of the mold that's already there. Fortunately the pitcher was already mostly dead, so I cut it, but I cannot really get rid of what's on the moss, or any spores I cannot see. Any recommendations on type of anti-fungal / mold killer? There are tons of opinions our there. Or how to eliminate it now that it is a problem. The plant is a Nepenthes Spectabilis x Aristolochioides hybrid, growing in
    1 part New Zealand Spagnum Moss
    1 part Fine Orchid Bark
    1 part Perlite
    1 part tree fern fiber

    I don't think the problem will occur again, I just need to eliminate what is currently there. I posted a picture of the mold, you can see some spotting but it looks a bit worse under normal lighting.

    Thanks!!

    Kevin

  2. #2
    divaskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forums
    I use sulfur powder, the stuff you can find at your garden shop. I use this particular brand: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HA...110_SY165_QL70

    So far it has worked well for me.
    ~Michelle (AKA Geva or Jennifer)

    Grow/Trade List

    Picture Thread

  3. #3
    mass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    p.S.. only use the sulfur based fungicides. Copper based ones are harmful to CP's.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, as for application just follow the directions? I know CP's can be temperamental/sensitive most of the time. Thanks for the help!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •