Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: KNepenthe's Photo Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha thanks! I try my best to keep them in "standard" highland conditions but to be honest during these hot months there is very little I can do to keep the temps from creeping up into the 90's and only having a slight drop in nighttime temperatures. I have found in my experience that the plants can do just fine in these conditions temporarily if you boost up the humidity as much as possible. Really crank up the humidifier. Every morning the plants are covered in A LOT of dew. I also keep all of my plants pots sitting on top of about 1" of heavily waterlogged LFS so that they can stay consistently moist without actually sitting in water and I think this helps combat the less than ideal summer conditions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You grow Albomarginata in H/L conditions too? Looks great!
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would you consider doing a post on your set up and the relative temperature, humidity, and lighting in each of those areas please?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a very advanced setup. It pretty much consists of a humidifier, a fan, and some trays with LFS but if pictures would help here they are!

One side of the greenhouse with the humidifier.

The other side with the fan pointed up to keep the air circulating. In the summer heat I have it running almost all day.

A close up of a tray to show the moss that lines the bottom.

And, since I'm posting anyway, here are a few new pitchers and pictures :P

U. Alpina

Singalana x diatas

Maxima x robcantleyi

Burbidgeae x aristolochioides - Still small but I'm pretty excited for this one

Eymae x jacquelineae -Just opened a few days ago

Spectabilis x ventricosa

Maxima x platychila - I'm surprised by how red this peristome is already! It just opened a few days ago!

Ramispina x singalana

Burbidgeae x robcantleyi

My first cephy with teeth!

Last of all, me with a few new plants I received in the mail a couple days ago!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great, Kyle - all beautifully grown! The eymae/jacquelineae hybrid is a great one, isn't it? Its one of my personal favorites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine too, Paul! The shape is just great, especially with the thin upturned lid. But, I keep hoping mine will magically develop the deep color I see in the red clone you have! :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KNepenthe View Post
    Mine too, Paul! The shape is just great, especially with the thin upturned lid. But, I keep hoping mine will magically develop the deep color I see in the red clone you have! :P
    It doesn't??! Mine start looking like yours but over the months ahead, they turn VERY deep oxblood red. Mind you, mine get lots of really strong light.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my oldest pitcher on the plant (photo taken two seconds ago) and it's still not near the red that yours has. I may have to try bumping it into more light then... Even the peristomes on my spectabilis x jacq don't seem to get all that dark. I hope it's not a curse!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast