What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry for the inconsistent focus in this batch of pictures. The camera isn't focusing quite right lately and I don't know why... But I had a few new pitchers to show off despite that :p

Eustachya x Maxima- Out of curiosity, does anyone else have this hybrid?? I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Truncata 'E' Red Form- Showing some nice color and I am loving the darker band around the peristome

Izumiae- The first pitcher in my care! <3

Maxima x Truncata

And an older pitcher that has fully colored up

Maxima x Aristolochiodes

Fusca

Robcantleyi QOH x Maxima to the left and Maxima x Robcantleyi KOS- Interesting to see the difference in these reverse crosses with different parents

Robcantleyi QOH x Maxima

Maxima x Robcantleyi KOS

Robcantleyi QOH x KOS

Ventricosa X Ephippiata

Lowii x (Maxima x Veitchii)

Gymnamphora- Blending in with the sphagnum nicely

Graciliflora- Look at that big booty!!

Splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii]- I have a rooted cutting available for trade if anyone has any interest in it

Rajah x Mira

D. Regia- From seed. It really curled up after I fed it a few small fish pellets :)

Pygmy Droseras- My first attempt at growing these guys

D. Capensis 'Sunset'- Looking especially dewy today

Last edited:
Robcantleyi- The persitome almost matches the black pot!

Viking x ampullaria- One of the few lowland plants that grows alongside my highlanders

Truncata(e) x trusmadiensis- Just opened up

Fusca

Vogelii

Maxima X aristolochioides

Rajah- Putting on it's first pitchers!!!

Ramispina x singalana

Petiolata x burkeii- Quickly becoming a favorite of mine

Maxima x platychila- For some reason this hybrid catches my eye every time

Burbidgeae x platychila

Maxima x truncata(e)- Biggest pitcher yet

Petiolata

Graciliflora

Eymae x jacquelineae- First pitcher in my care

Truncata(e)

Sibuyanensis x Lady Pauline

Muluensis x lowii

Lowii x (Maxima x Veitchii) - Something decided to take a piece of the lid :p

Maxima x Truncata red

Eymae x Jacquelineae

Albomarginata

Glabrata x Aristolochioides

Petiolata x Burkeii

Truncata red x Trusmadiensis

Petiolata

Robcantleyi x Maxima

Fusca

Ventricosa x Robcantleyi

Izumiae

Robcantleyi (Before and after)

Oh wow. Those are some fantastic looking plants, you're even growing the more difficult species with ease it looks like. What conditions do you give them, temp/humidity? i like the big booty graciflora a lot :p

Haha thanks! I try my best to keep them in "standard" highland conditions but to be honest during these hot months there is very little I can do to keep the temps from creeping up into the 90's and only having a slight drop in nighttime temperatures. I have found in my experience that the plants can do just fine in these conditions temporarily if you boost up the humidity as much as possible. Really crank up the humidifier. Every morning the plants are covered in A LOT of dew. I also keep all of my plants pots sitting on top of about 1" of heavily waterlogged LFS so that they can stay consistently moist without actually sitting in water and I think this helps combat the less than ideal summer conditions.

You grow Albomarginata in H/L conditions too? Looks great!

would you consider doing a post on your set up and the relative temperature, humidity, and lighting in each of those areas please?

I don't have a very advanced setup. It pretty much consists of a humidifier, a fan, and some trays with LFS but if pictures would help here they are!

One side of the greenhouse with the humidifier.

The other side with the fan pointed up to keep the air circulating. In the summer heat I have it running almost all day.

A close up of a tray to show the moss that lines the bottom.

And, since I'm posting anyway, here are a few new pitchers and pictures :p

U. Alpina

Singalana x diatas

Maxima x robcantleyi

Burbidgeae x aristolochioides - Still small but I'm pretty excited for this one :D

Eymae x jacquelineae -Just opened a few days ago

Spectabilis x ventricosa

Maxima x platychila - I'm surprised by how red this peristome is already! It just opened a few days ago!

Ramispina x singalana

Burbidgeae x robcantleyi

My first cephy with teeth!

Last of all, me with a few new plants I received in the mail a couple days ago!

Looking great, Kyle - all beautifully grown! The eymae/jacquelineae hybrid is a great one, isn't it? Its one of my personal favorites.

Mine too, Paul! The shape is just great, especially with the thin upturned lid. But, I keep hoping mine will magically develop the deep color I see in the red clone you have! :p

Mine too, Paul! The shape is just great, especially with the thin upturned lid. But, I keep hoping mine will magically develop the deep color I see in the red clone you have! :p

It doesn't??! Mine start looking like yours but over the months ahead, they turn VERY deep oxblood red. Mind you, mine get lots of really strong light.....

This is my oldest pitcher on the plant (photo taken two seconds ago) and it's still not near the red that yours has. I may have to try bumping it into more light then... Even the peristomes on my spectabilis x jacq don't seem to get all that dark. I hope it's not a curse! :cry:

I hope you don't mind me throwing in a photo. This is how mine looks right now - new pitcher and older pitchers:
20140802-185306-67986962.jpg

It's been ages since I've posted any pictures so here are a few from the greenhouse today. It got pretty stormy out and I didn't want to go look at the tags, so some of the names might be the reverse. But, you get the idea :p

singalana x spectabilis

burbidgeae x trusmadiensis

spectabilis x jacquelineae and spectabilis x veitchii

burbidgeae x glandulifera

spathulata x diatas

izumiae

truncata E x trusmadiensis

burbidgeae x aristolochioides

lowii x (veitchii x maxima)

ventricosa x ephippiata

robcantleyi x talangensis

densiflora x robcantleyi

eustachya

albomarginata and eymae x jacquelineae

robcantleyi x hamata

singalana x ramispina

petiolata x veitchii

robcantleyi

(merrilliana x truncata) x vetchii 'Caesarion'

Last edited:
Photos are not available....

Hmmmm. I'm using photobucket. Any idea why they wouldn't be coming up? It's what I have always used for posting here...

Update: Are they coming up now? I tried something different.

Last edited:
They all say "photo not found," as if you had deleted the images, and it states similarly if the link is clicked. The only reason I can think of for why they aren't showing is exactly that: the photos have been deleted or removed from the account somehow.

I can see all of the pics with my phone. Love the bicolor peristome of the rob x hamata!

They're just fine on my kindle and might I add that your ventricosa cross is quite nice.

Back