Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show your N. rajah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make my own little fertilizer concoction for all of my nepenthes. I add three to four cups of organic coffee made with r/o water and one tablespoon of fish emulsion into an empty gallon jug and top off with r/o water. Shake it up real good and apply about 1/2 cup to each plant folliarly and over any exposed soil. (Most of my plants are in 6" pots for reference) I add less for smaller plants of course. I do this about once every month and contrary to what most people do I don't rinse the soil unless I see a problem. Otherwise I just keep on caring for the plants as usual until next fertilization time. On top of this I also add a small amount of fish pellets into the pitchers halfway between folliar feedings. The only time I do not use the fertilizer mix is during months like this where the days are so short that I don't want to force the plant to grow. Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always been inclined to think that people are too scared to kill their rajahs to give them their nutrients. This is what holds them back. Good on you for fertilizing them. I think the other problem is lack of light and keeping them too wet. Personally, if it were me, I would put it in my same mix as everything else- bark and perlite. I think I will get a handful of clones sometime soon and see how I do.
    Vermiculite you would think would be beneficial for this species due to its composition. Unfortunately it breaks down too quick.
    Cthulhu138, that is so great. I envy your seed grown rajahs! I would give anything for a Tambuyukon SG rajah.
    -Tyler

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm growing mine in a mesh pot for air circulation in my basic nepenthes mix of 1 part CP mix (perilite, sand, and peat), 1 part LFS, and 1 part orchid bark and it seems to be liking it so far.
    Last edited by KNepenthe; 01-12-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, forgot to mention I do add just a little peat moss for moisture.
    -Tyler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12