What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellowing leaves

First things first I've been growing my plants outdoors.

The last couple of days my Neps have had some leaves starting to yellow. I know the the usual suspect is too much sun, but the level of sun has not increased; they've both been getting full sun for over a week now with no symptoms till now. I then thought it could be that it has quite dry lately, but then I realized the pitchers are just now producing fluid, and I doubt they would if humidity were the problem, one is even putting up a vine and a new pitcher that should open soon. Also, it is only a leaf or two per plant, not all of them.

Pics of the yellowing leaves:

CAM00084.jpg~320x480

CAM00085.jpg~320x480

And the fine ones:

CAM00086.jpg~320x480

CAM00087.jpg~320x480

One thing that I must note is that the yellowing seems to happen only on leaves that have had dead pitchers clipped off (though not all that I have clipped from have yellowed). Should I be concerned?

Just looks like the older leaves are dying off. Probably accelerated by the fact they are acclimating to a new environment. Is this a newly acquired plant ?

Just looks like the older leaves are dying off. Probably accelerated by the fact they are acclimating to a new environment. Is this a newly acquired plant ?

Yes, I want to say I've had it a little over a week now.

I wouldn't worry about it. New growth looks fine.

Back