Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N. (splendiana x (veitchii x maxima)] x veitchii

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been told by Crystal who has a few still, mines so far unique. That's why I'm contemplating registering it as a cultivar, but want to see a few more pics before I do. Haven't seen any yet. I hear tropics was the originator of the seeds. Does he get on much??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is actually a correction. Either my tags was messed up or I messed it up but the cross is actually

N. x splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii]
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-14-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Nomenclature - N. maxima vs N. max > please avoid cutesy abbreviations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the seed did come from Tropics, I had a bunch too. All mine were traded, sold or given away so hopefully there are some still out there. From what I remember none had the peristome stay that way once the got older so you may have a unique one. The whole batch had a lot of variety from plant to plant.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some photos of mine, which I obtained as splendiana x (veitchii x Tiveyi), also from tropics via Crystal:

A pitcher with fairly average peristome:
    N. splendiana x (veitchii x Tiveyi)

The back of another with less reflexion:

The peristome did not reflex much on this third one, but still not as exaggerated as yours:

Whole plant, about 22 inches / 56 cm wide, with Rokko sitting on it and lowii x campanulata in the background:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikulea wouldn't N. splendiana x (veitchii x Tiveyi) be a different cross than N. x splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii]?

Yours is looking awesome too. I'm about to have to take mine out of the terrarium. Its starting to put on some size and is elongating. I think I see vining soon.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-14-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Nomenclature - the name N. tiveyi is still controversial (not accepted)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, those crosses would be different, but I suspect we have the same cross. I believe the male plant Tropics had in his possession was veitchii x x Tiveyi. See this old giveaway thread here:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...seeds-for-SASE

On another forum, Tropics shows his plant as (vetichii x Tiveyi):

http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/thread/2350/misc

http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/t...eitchii-tiveyi

I haven't been able to find any mention of Tropics having a ((veitchii x maxima) x veitchii). Interestingly, that is the completely opposite ordering of parents in the plant that he did seem to have.

It will be exciting to see what your uppers look like!
    Last edited by mikulas; 03-16-2014 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Added missing links

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stand corrected: After digging up the sales thread from which I bought my plants, I found that it was originally listed as splendiana x ((veitchii x maxima) x veitchii). I also dug through Tropics' Flickr photostream and found that he had both (veitchii x maxima) x veitchii AND veitchii x (maxima x veitchii). Given this information, I will correct my tags to splendiana x ((veitchii x maxima) x veitchii).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast