User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your N. aristolochioides Hybrids!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. aristolochioides x spectabilis:
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2012/07/spect-aristo.jpg[/IMG]

N. bellii x aristolochioides:
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2012/11/20121130-095858.jpg[/IMG]

N. Involuntary Bliss (aristolochioides x mira): [N. mira, not an accepted species name, synonym for N. deaniana]
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2012/06/20120628-081656.jpg[/IMG]

Its quite apparent when you grow a few of the N. aristolochioides hybrids just how similar many of them are.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-07-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. "Viking" [nickname for unaccepted variety of N. mirabilis] x (aristolochioides x spectabilis):
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2013/10/viking-spect-aristo.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-07-2015 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also noticed how dominant N. aristo [unacceptable cutesy nickname for N. aristolochioides] is in crosses. An older pic of my N. spectabilis "Giant" x aristolochioides:

These get pretty big.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-07-2015 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice plants everyone. WOW though, N. singalana x aristolochioides is beyond incredible. I envision a most amazing of crosses in the future between N. (singalana x aristolochioides) x (spectabilis x singalana)...

Anyway my small contribution to this thread, albeit dated.

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides I believe.

But mine exhibited symptoms similar to Lil's in that it had these weird abherrant patternings and sometimes deformations of the peristome.

LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    But mine exhibited symptoms similar to Lil's in that it had these weird abherrant patternings and sometimes deformations of the peristome.
    It is pretty much a given that the color break on the pitcher body and other deformities is the result of genetic oddities in the cross. My N. spectabilis X aristolochioides had its main vine turn "bad" producing nothing but twisted, small pitchers and lamina that were half normal, half distorted. I believe the plant had a meristematic point that was a blend of normal and aberrant tissue, and so what I was seeing was a possibly a chimaera. I cut that vine off and discarded it. If it shows up again in a future growth, I will discard the plant.
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 01-21-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it was pretty disappointing when it started forming those pitchers. It certainly makes the plant feel less valuable.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That explains the weirdness before my N. spectabilis x aristolochioides [aristo is an unacceptable cutesy abbreviation] died. It's probably from the same TC [undefined abbreviation] batch everyone has. It grew very robustly, then made a few mutant pitchers, then slowly gave up. It was in conditions fifty other plants are doing fine in. Maybe I should look for an SG [undefined abbreviation] clone, if one exists.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-07-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jurow, I really really like your N. aristolochioides ["aristo" is an unacceptable cutesy nickname] x mira ["mira" is an unaccepted species name, synonym for N. deaniana], is the origin from BE [undefined abbreviation] or ******* (I know he made the cross as well)? The way the peristome is internalized within the pitcher, I have not seen to that extent before. Just awesome!

I like your BE [undefined abbreviation] N. spectabilis ["spect" is an unacceptable cutesy nickname] x aristolochioides ["aristo" is an unacceptable cutesy nickname] [ Dexenthes, the pitchers are very nice and fat and tubby. The EP [undefined abbreviation] version leans more towards spectabilis, whilst BE [undefined abbreviation] seems more aristo-ish.

Here's a few more old pics of mine:

This one's no longer among the living unfortunately

a complex one, but N. aristolochioides ["aristo" is not an acceptable cutesy nickname] traits still fairly visible

Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-07-2015 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Nomenclature
    I love the smell of nep pollen in the morning..........smells like victory

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast