What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Me Your N. aristolochioides Hybrids!

When (if) my sibuyanensis x (spectabilis x aristolochioides) pitchers anytime soon, I'll post a pic. Its a stunner, but due to the sibuyanensis in it, it doesn't pitcher often. :down:

I've become rather ruthless in culling sibuyanensis hybrids that are stingy with pitchers. I haven't got the room for big plants that make one pitcher a year. Yes -- I'm looking at you, sibuyanensis x spectabilis :censor:

I've become rather ruthless in culling sibuyanensis hybrids that are stingy with pitchers. I haven't got the room for big plants that make one pitcher a year. Yes -- I'm looking at you, sibuyanensis x spectabilis :censor:

Do the pitchers at least last relatively long?

Do the pitchers at least last relatively long?

The one pitcher sibuyanensis X spectabilis produced early in 2013 lasted until a few weeks ago, when I finally cut it off. Like most Nepenthes, it died back gradually and spent several months in that limbo state of "top half dried, bottom half still alive" state. It was still in that state when I cut the pitcher off.

The one pitcher sibuyanensis X spectabilis produced early in 2013 lasted until a few weeks ago, when I finally cut it off. Like most Nepenthes, it died back gradually and spent several months in that limbo state of "top half dried, bottom half still alive" state. It was still in that state when I cut the pitcher off.

Not bad on the lifetime of the pitcher at least then.

New nepenthes burbidgeae x aristolochioides, pitcher.

Anyone growing N. (singalana x spectabilis) x aristolochioides?

I have singalana X aristolochioides....not the same, I know, but....
20140212-125309.jpg

(spectabilis x ventricosa) x aristolochioides
14335973787_610d2172b9_b.jpg

A few pitchers on both my aristolochioides x spectabilis and aristolochioides x (ventricosa x spectabilis).

2isyrdu.jpg

An update on that aristolochioides x jacquelineae
35na1p2.jpg

Nice pics everyone, NatchGreyes, it's early days but to me that looks like pure aristo, I can't see any jacq in there

Nice pics everyone, NatchGreyes, it's early days but to me that looks like pure aristo, I can't see any jacq in there

Yeah, we'll see how it turns out. The pitchers are too small and juvenile to tell, but the leaves are very much like the spat. x jacq - rigid and lanceolate with little-to-no "hair". In contrast, the aristo that I have has slightly wider lanceolate leaves (i.e. the proportions are slightly different) and some "hair" on the leaves themselves. (The "hairiness," however doesn't seem to translate to the two aristo hybrids I have, so I'm not sure that's something that is at all determinative or present at all stages of growth). (All that being said, I can see from one of Paul's old photos how remarkable similar it looks to a juvenile aristo., so IDK).

My Spectabilis X Aristo

2l94mep.jpg

2nrklrd.jpg

Any pics of BE's N. aristo x talangensis?

Thanks for posting these Jurow, I was hoping that aristo would dominate a little more, looks like talangensis got the upper hand, looks not that much different to N.bellii x aristo

Anyone growing this one? N. glabrata x aristolochioides

1982237_1382175558722434_720226094_n.jpg

One of my clones:

15094568526_d21abed240_b.jpg

15117548245_ab704cf6fd_b.jpg

Another clone, this one was buried under an inch of media, too CUTE!

14930858369_5896a705c8_b.jpg

Back