What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Me Your N. aristolochioides Hybrids!

I love my little N. glabrata x aristolochioides :)

15327710861_6b4e4d81df_b.jpg

15330869365_ff2da80f99_b.jpg

15330863735_798dea668d_b.jpg

15327685581_63d4315144_b.jpg

15330537392_e3a394d9d8_b.jpg

That spectabilis x aristo EP is awesome

N. aristolochioides X bellii, an upper pitcher:
img_6381.jpg

Last edited:
That looks uncannily similar to a talangensis! :)

The bellii hybrid?! Not even close IMO

Oh well. First impressions are what they are. :p

The pitcher shape is distinctly more upright and constricted at the mouth now that I look at it.

I can't believe how small that sib x aristo is. That is an upper right? I wonder how large the glabrata x aristos will get at maturity since both species are relatively tiny.

N. aristolochioides X bellii, an upper pitcher:
img_6381.jpg

There's still a fair bit of wing shedding left before this N. bellii x aristo can be called an upper. Let's have a sprint for uppers Paul, I'm a month or two away.

There's still a fair bit of wing shedding left before this N. bellii x aristo can be called an upper. Let's have a sprint for uppers Paul, I'm a month or two away.

Really?? This plant has been vining for months now, and the new pitchers are nothing like the ones from last year!

I can't believe how small that sib x aristo is. That is an upper right? I wonder how large the glabrata x aristos will get at maturity since both species are relatively tiny.

It is an upper, but it's also the first pitcher on a basal that continued producing uppers like the main vine, I was hoping to see some lowers. The uppers further up the vine are a little bit more substantial, but not by much.

Agree about N.glab x aristo, one of the best hybrids to exit BE in recent times IMO. Super excited to see each pitcher inflating.

Really?? This plant has been vining for months now, and the new pitchers are nothing like the ones from last year!

The pitcher shape has the hallmarks of a lower pitcher, I think you'll find it changing even more in a few months. The wings will gradually disappear and body shape will become infundibular like all the other aristo hybrids I have seen to date. Has it started curling the tendrils in a loop prior to pitcher inflation? Mine has started doing this but waiting for the season change to get those tendrils to inflate.

The pitcher shape has the hallmarks of a lower pitcher, I think you'll find it changing even more in a few months. The wings will gradually disappear and body shape will become infundibular like all the other aristo hybrids I have seen to date. Has it started curling the tendrils in a loop prior to pitcher inflation? Mine has started doing this but waiting for the season change to get those tendrils to inflate.

Yup, the last couple pitchers have been "loopy".

imagejpg1_zpsf682ca57.jpg
[/URL]

One of the hybrids that you gave me Whim showing some of its aristolochioides heritage with a lid facing a bit towards the front rather than the top

Last edited:
I hope to have some more pictures, soon. Now that conditions have been corrected (New England = No Built in AC....now the plants have their own), I should be getting some more pitchers (and photos) soon. Hopefully, answer Red Lowii's question from a few pages back with a photo.

Looking good, Red Lowii!

Here is N. aristolochioides x boschiana:

2_zpscb846683.jpg

This is a recent aquisition. so I cannot take credit for the pitcher.
One reason I selected it is the red midveins from the boschiana parent:

1_zpsfff5456a.jpg

Cheers,
Paul

That's a really great looking plant Paul, really glad I picked one up :-O

15180344503_de8bbecf9d_b.jpg

Is it normal for leaf size to decrease as N. aristo hybrids begin to vine? I have a N. ariso x bellii, and the newest leaves are tiny. When I got the plant, the rosette leaves were 6 inches long, and traps were 1 and a half inches long. Now, leaves have decreased to 3 inches long, and pitchers have doubled in size.

My temps are day: 75-80f, night 60-65f

Back