Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HELP!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP!!!

Hey everyone im Kenny and im a new nepenthes owner. I live in chula vista, ca which is a little under san diego, ca. I recently purchased a couple nepenthes online, I have a N. Temperance, N. St.Hedwig, and N. Lorraine.. Like I said before im a new grower but I absolutely love these plants. Im growing these plants outside on a 3 vertical hanging pots. Are these plants fine with growing outside in my area? Also which species would best be grown in my area? i really want to grow these beautiful plants outside and show them off to family and friends.
    Thank You
    -Kenny

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kenny, welcome to Terraforums.

I think you should be fine. Those sound like hybrids which are generally much hardier than species. But even many species can be grown outside in the San Diego area.

Thez_yo lives in San Diego and does quite well all outside. Check out this latest thread:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...e-a-plant-post
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Terraforums! The coast of California is good for growing highland Nepenthes species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. I'll post some pics up tomorrow as well. Some of my pitchers seem to dying but I'm guessing it's because of the shipping shock or because they need to get used to the weather