What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divaskid's Nepenthes

As promised, here's my new picture thread. Hope you enjoy! :D (You can find the old thread here)
As usual, feel free to comment, ask questions or post your own pics.

A few pictures today from the lowland shade house.

DSC_6669.jpg

DSC_6672.jpg

DSC_6672-2.jpg

DSC_6673.jpg

DSC_6679.jpg

DSC_6681.jpg

DSC_6685.jpg

DSC_6687.jpg

DSC_6691.jpg

DSC_6692.jpg

This raff is getting huge!
DSC_6695.jpg

DSC_6701.jpg

DSC_6725.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pics!! Thanks for sharing.

Ooo! I like the Amp Lime Twist. I have it too, but no basal pitchers yet.

Color wise I think the Lime Twist is my favorite amp so far. How big is yours? Mine created basals pretty quickly, although it may be due to the fact the main vine was hanging below the soil level.

:0o:beautiful pics and plants,awesome just how quick these plants can grow when they like their conditions:bigthumpup:

Absolutely gorgeous!

My line twist has been grown in a terrarium. And I can see now its light is weak. I need to replace the bulbs. Because my line twist looks light compared to yours. But other things color nicely.I need to redo the terrarium for sure. Getting over grown.

Still awesome plants you have there.

Beautiful plants and great shots! I really like the vent x insignis.

Thanks Keith and Aionios :)

My line twist has been grown in a terrarium. And I can see now its light is weak. I need to replace the bulbs. Because my line twist looks light compared to yours. But other things color nicely.I need to redo the terrarium for sure. Getting over grown.

Still awesome plants you have there.

Thanks! :) Does anyone know if the lime twist is seed grown or TC? I'm curious because I've had a couple people mention the same thing as well. My plant are currently growing under 70% shade cloth so they don't get a ton of light (although that's all relative I guess).

I do notice the body fades quite a bit after a while though. They start out dark maroon and pink and fade to a dull/lighter color. The peristome seems to do the opposite. It's starts out a white cream and slowly darkens to a lime color.

Last edited:
Yes N. ampullaria 'lime twist' is a tc clone. I had heard that it is a weak and unpredictable clone as well.

Yes N. ampullaria 'lime twist' is a tc clone. I had heard that it is a weak and unpredictable clone as well.

Thanks for the info Bio. Makes sense that it's a TC clone :)
I guess I lucked out and got a good one! It's been a pretty happy plant for me so far.

Finals are finally over! Yay! Now for some fun things…. Nepenthes pics

N. maxima is really starting to show her stuff off!
DSC_6738.jpg

DSC_6763.jpg

N. mirabilis has finally put out a pitcher after sulking all winter long. Should get a really nice pitcher on the next one!
DSC_6740.jpg

Close up of that great peristome
DSC_6743.jpg

N. Caesarion
DSC_6754.jpg

Going to have a few new creatures in the shade house soon.
DSC_6759.jpg

Does anyone else get condensation views under the peristome? Seems pretty frequent on this Nepenthes.
DSC_6765.jpg

Lowland N. veitchii
DSC_6771.jpg

DSC_6772.jpg

Raff finally opened and it had a huge pitcher size jump
IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_9257.jpg

Currently my favorite :) The colors are just amazing!
IMG_9323.jpg

IMG_9325.jpg

Last edited:
Green with envy here. Love the N. spec x vent.

Yep, spec x vent has been one of those ones I've longed for for a while. Also, love the mirabilis peristome! I have a bunch of seedlings only just getting any real size to them, I'm dying to see the peristome on them show up....

Michelle, everything is looking great! I love the color of the mirablis and the jump in pitcher size of the rafflesiana.

Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on finishing finals....

Back