Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes spathulata x hamata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes spathulata x hamata

Anyone seen the Nepenthes spathulata x hamata at auction on eBay? The foliage has an odd look to it color-wise, any thoughts. I'm not bidding but just wondered as my plant has nice green foliage like the pictures of others I have seen on the web.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plant has been grown in bright light and is paler than how it would appear under lights. The reddish tint is also normal for this hybrid when grown in strong light.
    The grower is a well-known California nurseryman and he grows healthy plants without exception. Whoever buys it will undoubtedly receive a healthy plant.

This is an excellent hybrid that for some reason doesn't get nearly the attention as most other hamata hybrids. It's one of my favorites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://**************************************/2012/10/20121022-162338.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice.

Do you know if the 'hamata style' spikes are still on the top of the lid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That explains it, I know I like mine. I also have a ventricosa x hamata that arrived frozen early last Spring and it's coming back nicely. Just purchased a burkei x hamata and intend to pick up more hamata hybrids since I can't seem to successfully keep the purebred hamata's alive. All of my highland neps grow slowly so maybe I don't water enough. I usually go by the weight of the container so maybe I should be watering more often. The medium never dries out and besides the artificial lighting they get a couple of hours of sun each day. I guess that is off topic.

spathulata x hamata lid hairs and beautiful pitcher.

Nepenthes ventricosa x hamata
    01-28-2013 This is how ventricosa x hamata arrived with cold damaged leaves and roots.

02-12-2013 A few days later and the plant has deteriorated and stopped growing due to root damage.

03-21-2013l This little spur appeared.

04-18-2013

05-18-2014 A year later it's still small but taking off and nearly ready for a larger container.

Last edited by Spooky1; 05-20-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done on reviving that poor plant!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Very nice.

Do you know if the 'hamata style' spikes are still on the top of the lid?
    Some do -- mine does not.
    The most recent new pitcher, still not colored up:
    [IMG]https://**************************************/2014/05/20140520-162912-59352032.jpg[/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Whimgrinder, but should it have taken a year for a new bud to reach 4" across? Should I mix large perlite with the NZ sphag and water more often?
    Totally cool, what sort of environment are yours in and what part of the country? I think everything matters and am convinced that it's hard to beat a greenhouse environment especially if it is set up properly. I hope you don't mind a few questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast