What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Rajah x Mira

Anyone have photos of a decent sized specimen, curious to see how it's turning out

Here's a seedgrown one released from BE. It's been pouting since it was rootbound and still recovering from repotting, but this pitcher opened a day ago. I expect that it'll get quite a bit darker in the following weeks.

14214257378_c7c2477de6_b.jpg

This one shows the actual color; the others were lightened to show the details.

14399524052_0931ebd537_b.jpg

14400879205_78da36cf24_b.jpg

14397513451_0b2da17b8f_b.jpg

Whole plant - the prolific basal shoots are annoying and I need to trim them back every few months

14214434367_7a84eb5bd2_b.jpg

Last edited:
None of mine have reached that size yet, but I have also noticed that they produce a ton of basals. I don't know that I've ever seen that behavior before from young seed grown plants.

Huh, I wonder why it makes basals like that?

My N. (inermis x singalana) x mira used to do the same thing with basals, especially if I ever repotted it. It appears to have sort of grown out of it right now, but I wouldn't count on it. My best guess is it's something attached to the mira parent, may be how the species mainly spreads, ???

No basals here. I'll keep an eye on it.

That's a sweet looking pitcher and plant! thanks for sharing!

This is the biggest pitcher my plant has made.
Pretty long lasting surprisingly, this has been up since last April

IMG_20140613_102047.jpg

Wow, that is a really long lived pitcher.

Quick update on the plants...
Even though there's no remarkable growth of pitcher yet, they're quickly gaining in size.

The same plant which image I posted up there about a few days ago
Sorry about the bad picture with a weird angle, I can no longer move the pots due to the 5 pitchers it currently has lying around
IMG_20140915_005349.jpg

and here's an overall pic of my upper grow shelf inside the GH.
The front one (with two pitchers) is the larger sibling of the plant of which diameter is around 10"-11"

IMG_20140915_005333.jpg

Can't wait to see what's next from them!

Last edited:
holy crap dude! that rajah x mira is NICE!!

Thanks Heli, they're my pride and joy :)

is that a macrophylla I see too? What clone is it?

What keen eyes you got there, yes, it's a Macrophylla, growing ever so slowly.
I bought it from Mass, not sure what clone but most probably it's BE's

Back