What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone growing N. bellii, what conditions, photos?

Been researching what plants might be suitable for terrarium growing. Been reading older posts about them & thought I'd ask for some currant info. From what I can gather they are lowlander that doesn't get so big?

Thanks
Jim

I will post some pics later but mine is growing in a terra made out of a 20 gal high aquarium lite by two t8 bulbs. Temps/humidity run to about 80 degree/80 percent. I do find that it requires a bit of shading in my setup, so for now it is being partially shaded by my big amp. Not sure what i will do when the amp leaves the terra for good in a few weeks.

I have a bellii for over a year now. I live in the tropics. The plant stays outdoor at lowland condition, 32/26C day/night. RH 60-80% most of the time. Partial shade.
It is a quick growing plant.

As of photos:
When I received it March last year, severely dehydrated 1 week after potting
Bellii_230313_zpsae01a745.jpg

It recovered. There are 3 pitchers near the floor at lower left.
Bellii_250514_zpsfce05bb2.jpg

That Bellii looks so healthy, tzestan! My Bellii is doing OK, but it could do better:

N_bellii35.jpg

I have 70-80 % (100% at night) humidity, temps day 28C, night minimum 24C (22C during the winter). No shade but not that strong lighting either. I'm not sure what it needs to thrive like yours :)

Looks like one of these would do well in my terrarium. Even if they're a little bigger than I hoped they'd be

Thanks all

Back