Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N. campanulata hybrid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... What hybrid the above is? I'm looking at some Camp hybrids in case my pure species doesn't make it. Any recommendations? These are the options:

- Nepenthes campanulata x robcantleyi
    - Nepenthes lowii x campanulata
    - Nepenthes merilliana x campanulata
    - Nepenthes truncata x campanulata
    - Nepenthes spathulata x campanulata

Looking at the pictures in the web, I like the last one (Carmen) the most.
    Last edited by pmatil; 07-03-2014 at 08:08 AM.
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli View Post
    Nepenthes campanulata is extremely difficult to grow.
    Is it really? I have an AW hybrid growing in my terrarium. Dual growth points and cosistantly getting larger. I think the difficulty lies in the fact it like high high humidity. If my humidifier runs out it refuses to pitcher. But overall its getting larger.
    JB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Is it really? I have an AW hybrid growing in my terrarium. Dual growth points and cosistantly getting larger. I think the difficulty lies in the fact it like high high humidity. If my humidifier runs out it refuses to pitcher. But overall its getting larger.
    JB
    So basically a terrarium grower
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two campanulata and my campanulata X ventricosa are growing well as lowlanders, one camp is even in flower (and taking forever to open up).
    I use a shallow water tray on the hybrid and one pure camp, the other gets daily misting (2 times a day), the soils are peat, basalt, sand, spag mixes and the humidity fluctuates, one gets as low as 50% the other never goes below 70%, the big thing seems to be sunlight, they love several hors of full sun, without it they don't pitcher for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    My two campanulata and my campanulata X ventricosa are growing well as lowlanders, one camp is even in flower (and g forever to open up).
    I use a shallow water tray on the hybrid and one pure camp, the other gets daily misting (2 times a day), the soils are peat, basalt, sand, spag mixes and the humidity fluctuates, one gets as low as 50% the other never goes below 70%, the big thing seems to be sunlight, they love several hors of full sun, without it they don't pitcher for me.
    So that might be what's wrong with mine. It is in the shadows of other plants that have now grown a canopy over it. Thankfully I'm planning on redoing the terrarium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmatil View Post
    So... What hybrid the above is? I'm looking at some Camp hybrids in case my pure species doesn't make it. Any recommendations? These are the options:

- Nepenthes campanulata x robcantleyi
    - Nepenthes lowii x campanulata
    - Nepenthes merilliana x campanulata
    - Nepenthes truncata x campanulata
    - Nepenthes spathulata x campanulata

Looking at the pictures in the web, I like the last one (Carmen) the most.
    It's a very complex hybrid with partially unknown parents (large, red pitchered plants from Thailand), but, basically, it looks most like a thorelli x campanulata hybrid (as seen on CP PhotoFinder).

I'm not sure I've seen any of those hybrids, except lowii x campy. It looks pretty impressive. Most of those are going to be intermediate plants, so they should be much more tolerant of a range of conditions than pure lowlanders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen a Nepenthes merilliana x campanulata nor a Nepenthes truncata x campanulata, but they sound impressive, the problem with my camp X vent is that it is tiny, the plant is full grown at 25cm tall and a diameter of about 30cm, has many basal shoots and the largest trap is 15cm, the good thing is that the trap looks a lot like a campanulata, but with some red flecks, the hybrid is also very shade tolerant and is happy getting no full sun just filtered light.

I say full grown as it got to that size a pretty much halted growth from the main stem, but the basals are powering on..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    I have never seen a Nepenthes merilliana x campanulata nor a Nepenthes truncata x campanulata, but they sound impressive, the problem with my camp X vent is that it is tiny, the plant is full grown at 25cm tall and a diameter of about 30cm, has many basal shoots and the largest trap is 15cm, the good thing is that the trap looks a lot like a campanulata, but with some red flecks, the hybrid is also very shade tolerant and is happy getting no full sun just filtered light.

I say full grown as it got to that size a pretty much halted growth from the main stem, but the basals are powering on..
    Sounds perfect to me, I love small plants
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast