Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N. campanulata hybrid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a N. Campanulata x Maxima? I just received one from Wistuba and would just like to know does it grow big (like maybe maxima would suggest)? Also noticed that someone calls it N. x "Caladium". Is this a specific cross from a specific grower or a more common name?
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got both N. campanulata x maxima AW clone (AW means Andreas Wistuba) and N. Caladium which is a grex made by Sam Estes at ******* Hapu'u Nepenthes Nursery of N. maxima x campanulata. The Wistuba cross is horribly slow compared to Caladium.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a very nice n. veitchii x campanulata from dean cook a few years back green with a few pink stripes on the lip, slow growing in the windowsill but nice.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a merrilliana x campanulata that grows really well in varying conditions, and while so far the pitchers haven't exceeded 5" tall I have no doubt with enough room that will be a large hybrid eventually. I have seedlings of 'Rokko' x (maxima x campanulata), but don't know how those will turn out yet. Also have (spathulata x campy) x ventricosa, also still small and that seems to be the main trait campy passes on: either the hybrid is small or it takes a long time to get to size.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. It's definitely quite big already, about 20 cm accross (8") and pitchers about 12 cm (5"). I was trying to get a N. Merrilliana x Campanulata this year but no one had it available. If you know someone who might have it (and deliver to EU), please let me know.
    Looking for N. Campanulata hybrids. Also would like to grow some nepenthes from seed. Growlist/pic thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Pete-s-plants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do very well in lowland conditions. But I pot most of them in burnt earth or other similar media.

I grow:
    N. campanulata
    N. campanulata x veitchii
    N. ventricosa x campanulata
    N. lowii x campanulata
    N. maxima x campanulata
    N. campanulata x chaniana

N. maxima x campanulata from Wistuba is a gem. That's the pitcher the plant came with in April but it has since put out 4 new pitchers. I'll post again once I get to photograph the plant.
    Last edited by Cindy; 07-10-2015 at 07:43 AM.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. campanulata x maxima - my newest fav

Last edited by Cindy; 08-02-2015 at 01:27 AM.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, Cindy. Here's mine (still bagged from delivery), also from AW:

Last edited by pmatil; 07-28-2015 at 01:08 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast