User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on my N.Aristolochioides Black pitcher's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice on my N.Aristolochioides Black pitcher's.

So i have really tried to find some post about this and asked if anybody seems to know. So if am double posting let me know and i will delete this.

Had my N. Aristolochioides for about 2 month now. I'm totally new to this.
    The new pitcher that are coming out are black and look like they are ill. Cant find that this is common. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks for answer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, your plant looks a bit stressed, your night temps are probably not cold enough. Keep in mind aristo is definitely not a good beginners plant because it's very unforgiving of mistakes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, your soil looks extremely wet for aristo, it can rot easily with that combo of warm temps and soggy soil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can fix lower temps at night. I know it's not the first thing to start with. Just fell in love with it in the first sight. Thought i give it a chance.
    As for it looks so wet is duo to i just sprayed it. I used to spray water it twice a day. I don't use any nutrition either. Haven't really fond what would fit it best.
    Thank you very much for taking the time. Very grateful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your current temperatures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a Nep do that to me, and it was a result of too much water. Your media looks great (although really, really wet) but I'm noticing some blackened tips on the Live LFS, too.

So, silly question -- what type of water are you using? Reverse Osmosis? Distilled? Collected Rain Water?

What kind of pot is it in? It looks fine, but it brings me back to too much water -- does it have drain holes? Are you keeping it in a saucer or tray?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently run is by 22c both day and night. (About 70 Fahrenheit). other info, It get about 5 hour sunlight per day. . (Medium, pine bark, small stones mixed with perlit and living Sphagnum. 1.1.1.1)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah your temps are completely wrong unfortunately, aristo needs night temps into the mid 50s to really thrive. I have seen some aristos grow in warmer temps but I am assuming you have a BE clone and that one is very tough. Nepenthes in general need a temperature drop of 10 degrees or more and the species you chose is one of the least forgiving of warm temps.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast