Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: peltata update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peltata update

Yay my peltata is nice and happy under 4 t5ho. I purchased it on 7/7/14 and there were no new leaves. Its growing quick.
    Here it is on 7/19

And 8/9

Nepenthes Ampullaria, Spectabilis Sibuatan, Peltata, X Miranda, Ventricosa, Spathulata,
    and Veitchii x spectibilis
    Cephalotus Follicularis Typical, unknown, and Czech Giant.
    Dionaea Muscipula Ginormous, B52, Red Piranha, Bohemian Garnet, Gremlin, Dente, King Henry and Big Mouth.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plant looks good, but you should keep an eye on the media in that pot. For plants that size, it's a good idea to repot whenever sphagnum begins to break down like that, particularly when only using sphagnum as the media. I'll admit to being lazy about this, but it will keep your plant growing well and prevent it from rotting out. Might be a good idea to check the TDS of your water, too, since that first photo was only taken a couple of months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you mato. Should i check the tds even if its ro or di water? And what are the signs of sphagnum break down? And the photo was taken only about a month ago.
    Nepenthes Ampullaria, Spectabilis Sibuatan, Peltata, X Miranda, Ventricosa, Spathulata,
    Dionaea Muscipula Ginormous, B52, Red Piranha, Bohemian Garnet, Gremlin, Dente, King Henry and Big Mouth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo it's a painfully slow grower. I've had mine for years, and under lights for a while too, and it's only gotten to this size after getting one the same-ish size as yours -

now 2014 and this morning actually:

When I first got it, in a 3" pot.. I managed to rehab this one and don't think I got a resend (I got this and hamiguitanensis at the same time, both were suuuper soft so it was a struggle, and I'm pretty sure I needed a re-send of hami). End of 2010.

here's some rehab going on in 2011:

and then it went under lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang so i got a long wait. Pretty peltata by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't seem TOO slow when it's happy, but it's definitely not fast at all. I'd say a little slower than N. robcantleyi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 510thebay View Post
    Dang so i got a long wait. Pretty peltata by the way.
    Thanks. It was definitely worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    It doesn't seem TOO slow when it's happy, but it's definitely not fast at all. I'd say a little slower than N. robcantleyi.
    Yeah, in the terrarium it did better, because even though it's from the top of a mountain, conditions are intermediate to intermediate warm, but it still didn't push out even a leaf a month. Maybe mine is just a suuuper slow one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this better? I took out the old sphagnum and added some new lfs.