User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOOT WOOT new Nepenthes just in!

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you ^_^, praise the shipping Deitys!!! thanks for blessing me. Do nepenthes not travel well?
    They seem to travel alright for me, however its always good when plants arrive alive and happy. Ive had many a plant
    Arrive fried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look absolutely stunning ! Good luck with those.
    As for 10 gallon fish tank...
    Well, in my experience, it worked out pretty well for me. I manage to grow 4 nepenthes species in it: N. singalana x spectabilis, spectablilis x hamata, spectablilis x aristolochioides and talangensis x glandulifera before I moved them into a larger terrarium. I would recommend getting a cpu fan to move the air around, cooling them and lower the chance of mold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varnyte
    hey thanks for sharing, I asked the buyer and he said wait a few months, if the plants turn black, then get a terrarium.

Since we are neighbors, have you grown nepenthes outdoors?

I saw your new pictures and the misting system. looks great!!!

Aside the CPU fan,what else did your 10 gallon tank had?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed. If you are interested enough then maybe we can trade plants someday. ^ _ ^
    I have grown nepenthes outdoors once. It was rather a unpleasant experience for me. The first couple of days was fine but the after a 2 weeks, the nepenthes showed sign of shock ( probably due to poor humidity) and was attack by aphid and other things. The problem was that my backyard didn't have a greenhouse and the backyard wasn't sprayed with any ahpid killer or anything. Currently, I have all my larger specimen growing on my windowsill but it's going moved soon to my campus growing chamber.
    My 10 gallon tank had a glass top , grow light, and some reflective material on the back and side to trap more light. I used a spray bottle to mist it once in the morning and a couple of times at night. It also had a temp/humidity meter in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varnyte
    Ya, maybe when my collection gets bigger since I only started back in July. How long have you been growing?

thanks for the suggestions, I was hoping to get by with just a glass top, grow lights.
    Last edited by ps3isawesome; 09-06-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe 2 or 1 1/2 year ago is when I started out. How many specimens do you have so far ?
    You can probably get by. I used 6400k spectrum lights for grow lights and leave them on for 15 hours a day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12