Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N. Singalana x hamata hairy red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N. Singalana x hamata hairy red

I am currently waiting for my N singulana x hamata hairy red to come in but want to be prepared for it when it gets here.
    What conditions would best fit this little beauty? Highland is what im leaning towards but i know hybrids are sometimes more resilient to their growing conditions so i was curious about what more experienced growers have to say and get some peoples two cents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [IMG]https://**************************************/2014/09/img_6510.jpg[/IMG]
    Both species are highland types. Nights in the mid to low fifties, air movement and good humidity. Pretty much describes the care for any/all highland types. :-)
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 09-30-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then would it be a good or bad idea to put them in the fridge at night during the warmer summer months, and cracking the window for them in the fall and winter?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most refrigerators hover at about 40F or less, and THAT is far too cold for most any Nepenthes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't grow neps, but it is generally not a good idea to move any CP around constantly, i.e. between a grow rack and a fridge every day. In the long term it will probably result in severe stressing.
    "Potential has a shelf life." -Margaret Atwood
    My meager growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by w03 View Post
    I don't grow neps, but it is generally not a good idea to move any CP around constantly, i.e. between a grow rack and a fridge every day. In the long term it will probably result in severe stressing.
    Not "probably" - definitely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you, i would have stressed the young plant out because that was my first choice. What would be ideal for that situation in summer months then where temps are usualy around 65F at lowest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would a regular a.c. work with a smaller room to drop the temps low enough? it gets to about 60F with that and turned off a constant 75F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast