Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rafflesiana Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On 11/19 you said that you had gotten it a few weeks prior. It is just barely a month past that. If you have only had it for around 2 months (I am assuming here), you just need to be patient. Depending on where you got it from, and the conditions it was growing in there, it may just need more time to settle in. Patience, patience, patience. Its hard, but there is no way around it with neps. Some just take their sweet time to get restarted.
    Last edited by Oregoncp; 12-22-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably just difference in genetics, king tiger could be a mix of a lot of different species unless you know the genetics on it, so it's possible there could be some more cold tolerant genes in there, and time is key with these plants also, so just have to wait and see
    Last edited by sflynn; 12-22-2014 at 09:00 PM.

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregoncp View Post
    On 11/19 you said that you had gotten it a few weeks prior. It is just barely a month past that. If you have only had it for around 2 months (I am assuming here), you just need to be patient. Depending on where you got it from, and the conditions it was growing in there, it may just need more time to settle in. Patience, patience, patience. Its hard, but there is no way around it with neps. Some just take their sweet time to get restarted.
    Ive had it for 4 months, but Its been in the current environment for roughly 2 months. I think im just being impatient, so
    ill give it more time. thanks oregon

Quote Originally Posted by sflynn View Post
    Probably just difference in genetics, king tiger could be a mix of a lot of different species unless you know the genetics on it, so it's possible there could be some more cold tolerant genes in there, and time is key with these plants also, so just have to wait and see
    I know the genetics for a fact, but I think its just more vigorous. Either way.. I guess timing is key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. It looks healthy, so I can only picture that temperature is the problem. It would be best to either increase the temperature, or wait until temperatures rise in the spring.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Temps are probably key. The raffs in my greenhouse definitely slow down this time of year, the ones on the bottom shelves almost completely as the temps sit in the 60's and 70's for some time. Meanwhile, in the upper shelves where temps stay in the 70's to 90's even at this time of year, there's always growth. However, light levels can play a part, and this batch I know has the capacity to blush brown in the leaves. Get the lights high enough to make it do that and you might see growth. Otherwise, it's a waiting game.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your plant looks perfectly fine.

Lowlanders love to be hot and steamy. I've never been able to get a lowlander too hot to where it suffered. I imagine it would be above 95 degrees where they start suffering.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to all who answered. As usual the plants are messing with me. A day after everybody replied, it started showing normal growth again.
    thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12