Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hybrids with significant "hybrid vigor"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be giving the aristo hybrids to some friends in town who grow highlanders.

xSplendiana is a famously vigorous hybrid. I got one a couple weeks ago. It suffered some cold damage in shipping, but is recovering well and starting to pitcher again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The N. burkei x hamata i have recently bought have been doing beautifully. Both have put out 4 new leaves in the past 2 months and have taken quite well to a high of 70 and a low of 60 i couldn't be happier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dci95 View Post
    The N. burkei x hamata i have recently bought have been doing beautifully. Both have put out 4 new leaves in the past 2 months and have taken quite well to a high of 70 and a low of 60 i couldn't be happier.
    Thats great, but..... its worth noting that it takes several months for temperature-related growth issues to manifest themselves as symptomatic. I assure you a ten degree day-to-night temperature differential is insufficient for the long-term health of any Nepenthes, regardless of its pedigree. You should be thinking in terms of a 25 to 30 degree differential, with nights below 60F, every single night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. sibuyanensis x truncata is a good one. I grew as a houseplant under lights before I built my grow-tent and it had no problem pitchering in low humidity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGnum View Post
    N. sibuyanensis x truncata is a good one. I grew as a houseplant under lights before I built my grow-tent and it had no problem pitchering in low humidity.
    Of course - truncata hybrids will pitcher just about anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12