Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favorite food for plants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lately I've been feeding "fresh" pitchers dubia roach nymphs, while filling old pitchers with a dilute solution of better gro orchid plus and Jobe's organic fertilizer. On top of this I spray everything down weekly with 1/8th strength better gro. So far everything seems to love it and are putting on good growth. The plants are in very bright light though (20-60k lux, roughly equivelent to full sunlight) and may not have taken to the ferts as well with less light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use betta pellets on small neps and seedling drosera, then older plants get gold fish pellets, I don't have time to catch and feed everyone so it is easy and great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_planter View Post
    How many pellets do you put in? Does it result in significant growth? I think this may seem easier because there is no extra things needed to do.
    Anywhere from 1 or 2 for 0.5"-tall pitchers up to 30 for 4"-tall pitchers. I like to feed it to baby pitchers where feeding will make a huge difference.
    Adding small increments (1 or 2) is safe and won't blacken the pitcher, so you can add small amounts daily to test the upper limit for your pitchers.
    Just make sure the pellet is completely submerged when feeding small pitchers or else it will mold.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_planter View Post
    That's awesome!! They have that at my local pet shop as well.. Have you seen in an increase in leaf or pitcher size?
    Yes . . . but I feed every leaf, so that could be another reason.
    The dried flies are coated with vitamins, which should have an added benefit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the past i fed my nepenthes mealworms and they loved it.. The pitchers and leaf size had a nice increase. The only negative effect was after leaving the mealworms in the fridge for a long period if time, they turned black and died. What's the largest thing your plant has captured?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought this stuff called Fluckers™ and its bearded dragons food but its got freeze dried blood worms, grasshoppers and crickets and legs and other small bits that broke off ..anyone ever try this stuff and use it? I fed a few of the bigger pitchers but dull having a hard time finding small bites for my micro mini seedlings even ants are too big im thinking fruit flies (dried) may be a good option but i kinda have to force feed um to get the darn things in the bottom of the baby pitchers...ahrg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123