Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Re-potting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-potting?

Hello there everyone, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of re-potting? I have two Nepenthes what i believe to be Mirandas in the same pot and was curious if there is good way to go about this? Any suggestions would be welcomed. The medium i plan on using is dead sphagnum moss and orchid bark. Those seem to be a favorite among the Nepenthes i currently have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

A picture of the plants in question would be wonderful. My suggestion, if you're interested in separating them would be to gently take the plants out of the pot they are in and soak the roots in a bucket of distilled water, gently removing clumps of it; so as to remove as much of the old media as possible while causing the least amount of distress/damage to the roots.

Next I would recommend you watch this YouTube video from a channel called "Brads Greenhouse." Very knowledgeable plant grower who repots his large Nepenthes vine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT2GOARne7I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, soak in distilled water until soft and pliable and slowly peel off the old media. I'm gonna be doing that this weekend to pretty much all my Neps who are a year+ overdue for repotting.